Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, snorton82 said:

If a couple of Sunday night headliners are Soulwax and Ed Sheeran it would justify me being half way back to Leeds come 11pm....garbage.

Biffy and home

Yeah, there's probably only another eighty other things on at that time, why bother eh? 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

British modern country duo Ward Thomas (the first UK country act to have a number one album, apparently). Added to the playlist.

The most influential man in music, Bob Harrison is a big fan. Not surprised to see them added, they mentioned on Bob's show they had some festival dates coming up. I'd expect to see them on Acoustic but could appear on Pyramid given the huge record sales.

Edited by Gnomicide

5 hours ago, snorton82 said:

If a couple of Sunday night headliners are Soulwax and Ed Sheeran it would justify me being half way back to Leeds come 11pm....garbage.

Biffy and home

I don't want to be antagonistic, nor presumptuous, nor inherently judgemental.

But it's this kind of attitude that makes me even more cross about 'proper' Glastonbury people not getting tickets.

One can fail to have anything to watch and do at just about any other festival, if two or three of the Sunday night headliners are not to your liking.

To feel that way when you're at Glastonbury really makes me feel that you don't deserve a ticket to the most diverse and extraordinarily curated festival in the world.

Are you too late to pop that ticket back in the pot? There are so many people on these lovely boards who wouldn't even contemplate being  half-way back to Leeds come 11pm on 25 June...

Ben

5 hours ago, snorton82 said:

Biffy and home

Well you could chuck your ticket back in and look at other festivals?

I mean depending on where you're from and which site you go to you've either got Jay Z (old news as far as Glastonbury is concerned of course) or Pink at V festival on the Sunday?

Or what about Muse on the Sunday at Reading? Of course they did already headline Glastonbury last year.

At latitude on the Sunday, well, you've got the might fleet foxes!

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well you could chuck your ticket back in and look at other festivals?

I mean depending on where you're from and which site you go to you've either got Jay Z (old news as far as Glastonbury is concerned of course) or Pink at V festival on the Sunday?

Or what about Muse on the Sunday at Reading? Of course they did already headline Glastonbury last year.

At latitude on the Sunday, well, you've got the might fleet foxes!

All much better options than ed

On 2017-04-01 at 2:18 PM, Ovechkin said:

Banco de Gaia confirmed on his facebook.

"I can finally confirm that I will be appearing at Glastonbury this year. I'll be playing at least once, it will be solo or DJ, not with the band this time. More details once they are finalised. Phew, I was worried I wouldn't get to see Barry Gibb! "

Still not updated with Banco! It's still on his FB so def not a april 1st joke :)

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

"Little Mammoths are a London-based Rock’n’Roll Bar Band formed in 2014, that continue charging down the vein of The Hold Steady, Drive-by Truckers and Wilco." 

I'm in.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Hacienda Classical on the Pyramid would be interesting, the style makes them seem like good openers but they also seem a fair big bigger than the usual size of act for that. Also takes away one of what seems like very few possible West Holts headliners.

Won't be Sunday I doubt.

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Hacienda Classical with their guests would have been a great way to open the Other stage I reckon.

Yep, those were my first thoughts.

With there being a Saturday night show in Bristol, there's a marginally better chance they're playing Friday. And then orchestra shows generally require a longer setup time than yer average rock band so opening a stage would be the best option. Would be an odd one to put them up against a band their fans would perhaps like to see.

Might indicate they're opening the Pyramid and it's either something we're not expecting in the Other opener slot or they're steamrollering it. Or I'm reading too much into it. :P

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep, those were my first thoughts.

With there being a Saturday night show in Bristol, there's a marginally better chance they're playing Friday. And then orchestra shows generally require a longer setup time than yer average rock band so opening a stage would be the best option. Would be an odd one to put them up against a band their fans would perhaps like to see.

Might indicate they're opening the Pyramid and it's either something we're not expecting in the Other opener slot or they're steamrollering it. Or I'm reading too much into it. :P

Sounds like they will be opening the pyramid which sounds good to me  :)

2 minutes ago, FOOLSP said:

Does anyone have any idea when and what stage Run the Jewels will be playing? I really hope they are not clashing with Radiohead on the Saturday night.......

Well as Radiohead are playing Friday night I don't think there will be a Saturday clash.