Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

If Kevin McCleod were just your ordinary, garden variety, middle class telly presenting tit, I would be quite content to hate him. However, Kevin McCleod is so much more than that, he's right up there in the dizzying heights of the upper echelons of c**ts; and I absolutely love watching him. He's not just your average workaday w*nker, who just isn't trying to be a dick, just unimaginatively plugging away at being insufferable in the same old pedestrian way; he clearly puts a lot of effort into it, and takes a certain degree of joy in it. In some ways he's so aware of what an abhorrent specimen he is, and doesn't give a shit, but in a lot of way at all he doesn't realise. The duality is fascinating. I'd actually rather watch him than a lot of people that I like.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Going to a little too much effort here to convince us all you never watch More4; I'm now convinced you secretly love it.

Seriously mate I do not watch TV unless it is football. I know who Ross Noble is as he used to be on Have I Got News For You. I have absolutely no idea who the other people are. I refuse to give Murdoch a penny of my money and I despise the fact that I have to contribute towards the BBC.

I have not really watched TV since Father Ted finished.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Seriously mate I do not watch TV unless it is football. I know who Ross Noble is as he used to be on Have I Got News For You. I have absolutely no idea who the other people are. I refuse to give Murdoch a penny of my money and I despise the fact that I have to contribute towards the BBC.

I have not really watched TV since Father Ted finished.

What!....Father Ted's finished?

Down with that sort of thing......

Edited by pauladam
Comedy Value

I understand peope find Tim Minchin irritating or whatever.  However, I saw him at SGP and from what I remember there was singing along and dancing and I enjoyed myself.

This is a vague memory, I was quite possibly under the influence.

4 minutes ago, musky said:

I won't hear a word against Kirsty after she showed Pete Docherty for the fuckwit he is.

Although it's entirely feasible I'm giving Kirsty too much credit.

Did she? Do tell 

Love her take on feminism:

"The woman who fronts Location, Location, Location with Phil Spencer has told the Telegraph that if she had a daughter, her advice would be: "Darling, do you know what? Don't go to university. Start work straight after school, stay at home, save up your deposit – I'll help you, let's get you into a flat. And then we can find you a nice boyfriend and you can have a baby by the time you're 27."

55 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If Kevin McCleod were just your ordinary, garden variety, middle class telly presenting tit, I would be quite content to hate him. However, Kevin McCleod is so much more than that, he's right up there in the dizzying heights of the upper echelons of c**ts; and I absolutely love watching him. He's not just your average workaday w*nker, who just isn't trying to be a dick, just unimaginatively plugging away at being insufferable in the same old pedestrian way; he clearly puts a lot of effort into it, and takes a certain degree of joy in it. In some ways he's so aware of what an abhorrent specimen he is, and doesn't give a shit, but in a lot of way at all he doesn't realise. The duality is fascinating. I'd actually rather watch him than a lot of people that I like.

Yes, Lawny, yes. The duality is indeed fascinating! 

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Did she? Do tell 

Love her take on feminism:

"The woman who fronts Location, Location, Location with Phil Spencer has told the Telegraph that if she had a daughter, her advice would be: "Darling, do you know what? Don't go to university. Start work straight after school, stay at home, save up your deposit – I'll help you, let's get you into a flat. And then we can find you a nice boyfriend and you can have a baby by the time you're 27."

Bugger. I was thinking of Kirsty Wark! :lol:

Guess I'm not up on my TV celebrities either.