Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

22 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So where do they play?

And do people think this is gonna be great or an absolute car crash? Can't see it being anything inbetween. 

It will be great I reckon. I was shocked at how good it was when I went. 

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not sure whether to think you'd be massively biased or more likely to be super-critical :-) 

Seriously though that's good to hear. Could definitely see me checking this out. 

The music they played at the Hacienda had nothing to do with Manchester really. Yes they played 808 state, A guy called Gerald, K Klass etc but most of the stuff they will be covering will be from Detroit, Chicago and Italy.

Now the only reason I went was because I got the ticket for free. I was dead against it as I saw it as a blatant cash grab from Hooky. Yet it was fantastic. I would not pay to go to an individual gig but would see it at a festival.

The tunes are timeless classics.

4 hours ago, marcoolio said:

I know it's off-topic, 2 days late, utter nerdness and nobody cares, but I need to point out that Amy's comment here,  directed at SwedgeAntilles, was obviously referencing Star Wars and the destruction of the Death Star. So yes, proton torpedo is correct. Photon torpedoes, quantum torpedoes and other such nonsense are from a completely different universe.

WO! So I was right by accident? Literally always thought it was photon torpedoes, where are they from then?

On 3/26/2017 at 0:09 PM, Mardy said:

Each to their own etc etc, but bloody hell, FJM really fucking annoys me. Everything. Him, his music, his interviews, and if i got close enough, probly his aftershave too.

i mean, good booking and that, but damn.

On 3/26/2017 at 0:24 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's somewhat intentional.

recent NY Times interview where he actually mentions @Mardy halfway through....

“It’s just too easy to mock this white guy who has clearly read too much and thinks he’s so smart,” he said. “I’m not bamboozled when people like Mardy on EFests don’t like me. I am kind of annoying.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/arts/music/father-john-misty-pure-comedy-interview.html

Edited by tevaburger

4 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

recent NY Times interview where he actually mentions @Mardy halfway through....

“It’s just too easy to mock this white guy who has clearly read too much and thinks he’s so smart,” he said. “I’m not bamboozled when people like Mardy on EFests don’t like me. I am kind of annoying.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/arts/music/father-john-misty-pure-comedy-interview.html

Hehehehe, it's a fair point, teva, but then, later in the same interview, he seems to insinuate i'm his target demographic (minus the 'educated’ bit, obviously)

“I know who my audience is,” he said. “Not to say it’s only educated, isolated weirdos who grew up on message boards, and for whom the substance of their life is electronic distraction, but there are a lot of them.”

Just now, Mardy said:

Hehehehe, it's a fair point, teva, but then, later in the same interview, he seems to insinuate i'm his target demographic (minus the 'educated’ bit, obviously)

“I know who my audience is,” he said. “Not to say it’s only educated, isolated weirdos who grew up on message boards, and for whom the substance of their life is electronic distraction, but there are a lot of them.”

I find his music exceptionally dull. I would fit all his criteria in relation to who he thinks his audience is.

Anyway, been pondering it today. People i've taken against without any real reason. Dunno why, but they give me the right hump. 

1) FJM

2) Tim Minchin

3) Ross Noble

4) the fella that does Grand Designs

5) Chas, from Chas and Dave (but, curiously, not Dave)

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I find his music exceptionally dull. I would fit all his criteria in relation to who he thinks his audience is.

I figured it out, i reckon. He wants to be like an ironic Neil Diamond, but he just comes off as a shit David Ackles (i.e Diamond without the tunes)

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Anyway, been pondering it today. People i've taken against without any real reason. Dunno why, but they give me the right hump. 

1) FJM

2) Tim Minchin

3) Ross Noble

4) the fella that does Grand Designs

5) Chas, from Chas and Dave (but, curiously, not Dave)

All the above. 

Especially the Grand Designs fella; verbal maturbatory adulation of fiscally self-indulgent hipster twatholes. With artisanal kitchen work tops. 

Fuck. Off

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

All the above. 

Especially the Grand Designs fella; verbal maturbatory adulation of fiscally self-indulgent hipster twatholes. With artisanal kitchen work tops. 

Fuck. Off

My distaste on Grand Designs is saved for everyone of the incompetent gobshites who receive the immortal words.... "To save some funds, Triselda and Cuthbert have decided to project manage the build themselves."

Love Ross Noble though.