Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

"Reverand and the Merrrrrrkers, we don't stop, banger after banger"

Saw them at BT a few years back without knowing anything about them and really enjoyed it. 

Though I am very much partial to a bit of indie landfill anyway, they're quite a fun band. Could definitely see them getting booked for Leftfield. 

Edited by kingbadger

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Reverend and the Makers were favouriting tweets last night regarding Glastonbury 

Rev and the makers are proper badass live. They'd be a great addition and I'd be all over it. They love it. Great fun.

9 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

How was the rest of #MattDaviesDay? 

Sleaford Mods smashed it, first time I've seen them live, won't be the last.

Ride were good, enjoyed their set. But not as much as bloody LAMMO who was stood right in front of me the whole time. He was bobbing along like no ones business. 

TJAMC were better than I'd expected. Had heard some pretty harsh reviews of them live in advance but aside from a couple of bum notes of the guitar and a false start on one of their tracks they actually sounded pretty tight.

Good night all round, too many pints of diesel have left me feeling a little tender today, but suns out in Glasgow, it's 14 degrees which is officially #TAPSAFF so I'm off to a beer garden to get prepared for round two. CSH/Lemon Twigs/Haley Bonar/Sacred Paws.

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

suns out in Glasgow, it's 14 degrees which is officially #TAPSAFF so I'm off to a beer garden to get prepared for round two. CSH/Lemon Twigs/Haley Bonar/Sacred Paws.

Damn straight fam. Three pints to the good already in a sweet, sweet suntrap, some sort of curry in the not too distant future and then off to the Barras for the Loyle / Thundercat / Songhoy and the lads / Bonobo quadruple bill.

Wahey!

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Saw Warpaint at the Barras last night and they didn't really do anything for me. Certainly can't see me making a beeline to the Park on Saturday night. I'm going to end up at the bloody Foos.

Has the news that The Jacksons are on West Holts Saturday night somehow passed you by, Swedge?

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Damn straight fam. Three pints to the good already in a sweet, sweet suntrap, some sort of curry in the not too distant future and then off to the Barras for the Loyle / Thundercat / Songhoy and the lads / Bonobo quadruple bill.

Wahey!

Summer's here, the time is right, for drinking in the streets (which is ironically what we're not allowed to do because of that damn by-law).

Enjoy CalGon, we've got a great weekend for it. Bonobo should be great, would have been keen to go for that but been looking for an opportunity to see the Car Seat lads for the best part of a year.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Has the news that The Jacksons are on West Holts Saturday night somehow passed you by, Swedge?

I floated it to my group and was met with a wall of derision, which would mean I'd almost certainly be there myself. I also drunkenly said to my mate that if he managed to get a ticket in the resale I'd go along to the Foos with him. A foolish brag, my own bloody fault.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I floated it to my group and was met with a wall of derision, which would mean I'd almost certainly be there myself. I also drunkenly said to my mate that if he managed to get a ticket in the resale I'd go along to the Foos with him. A foolish brag, my own bloody fault.

Poor show. You could always try firing a proton torpedo at Sprinty Dave's reactor core.

42 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sleaford Mods smashed it, first time I've seen them live, won't be the last.

Ride were good, enjoyed their set. But not as much as bloody LAMMO who was stood right in front of me the whole time. He was bobbing along like no ones business. 

TJAMC were better than I'd expected. Had heard some pretty harsh reviews of them live in advance but aside from a couple of bum notes of the guitar and a false start on one of their tracks they actually sounded pretty tight.

Good night all round, too many pints of diesel have left me feeling a little tender today, but suns out in Glasgow, it's 14 degrees which is officially #TAPSAFF so I'm off to a beer garden to get prepared for round two. CSH/Lemon Twigs/Haley Bonar/Sacred Paws.

Nice one, sounds ace, glad it seems people are having a good time in sunny Glasgow. Been watching the highlights all morning & yeah I thought Ride looked pretty great, especially the new songs which is always a good sign. 

Hoping Sleafords get a Pyramid slot this year. Would be a sight, that. 

23 hours ago, Kay95 said:

Would love this to happen - her or Lamb.

Lamb in Avalon a couple of years ago was gorgeous

Capture.PNG

her solo sets in the Bimble Inn back when it was configured more intimately (2010 and 2013) were fab, '10 especially... her '13 set was the last thing i saw before i did the final loo trip and then went to get myself stuck near front of pyramid pit just before Elvis Costello on the saturday and then for the rest of the evening.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Enjoy CalGon, we've got a great weekend for it. Bonobo should be great, would have been keen to go for that but been looking for an opportunity to see the Car Seat lads for the best part of a year.

Looking forward to testing the theory that Nob and the lads are not just music to soundtrack a relaxing Radox bath and scented tealight session.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Loving the unexpected love for the Rev on the last page.

They just liked my tweet when I said hopefully see you at Glastonbury.

I love the way I now take tweet likes as Glastonbury confirmations! What have I become.