Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno if they blew *everyone* away two years ago........:ph34r:

I screwed up my timings with RTJ in 2015 and arrived just in time for their set but way back in the crowd. Much further back than I wanted to be. It wasn't the raucous party back there that it looked like in the front, but everyone I could see was very into it. The beat change in 'Oh My Darling' had West Holts erupting.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah, underwhelming at Glastonbury last time..they were however fantastic at Reading the same year so I'll be front and centre for a third time.

Saw them at Paris Pitchfork in 2015 and they were astonishing. Was also one of the weirdest gigs I've been at as I was pinned near the front and this American lass in front of me kept grinding on my crotch. I spent a good proportion of the set wondering whether it was impolite to ask her to stop or whether it'd be impolite to let her carry on incase she thought I was someone else.

Edited by Keithy

6 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Saw them at Paris Pitchfork in 2016 and they were astonishing. Was also one of the weirdest gigs I've been at as I was pinned near the front and this American lass in front of me kept grinding on my crotch. I spent a good proportion of the set wondering whether it was impolite to ask her to stop or whether it's be impolite to let her carry on incase she thought I was someone else.

A very British approach to sexual assault. 

37 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

What's the general consensus for where RtJ will play? West Holts? Will they headline? 

I reckon they could headline it. I know Aphex Twin is the big draw but they're billed as headlining Field Day so they're probably just about big enough for it. 

That said I agree with the idea they probably wouldn't be booked for the same stage so soon after last time. I'd hope for John Peel but Other/Pyramid seems more likely 

Budgetary concerns aside (although acknowleding that they're probably the main ones) RTJ seem to be one of the few contemporary acts in the mix that are WH sort of sized and in keeping with the vibe.

A headline line up of, say, Chic and The Jacksons looks a bit better with RTJ than it would with Grace Jones or Jamiroquai.

But it probably is all about dollar dollar bill y'all.

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm assuming that's from their gig last night? 

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Might drag me away from FF that. Where did you hear this?

Someone at the Birmingham gig met the band after, and was told. I don't know him personally, so it could be a wind up, but it seems genuine.