Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had work from the Pixies camp (sort of), and they're not together to tour before July.

I mean I don't think they'll be at Glastonbury, but they've got pretty much constant shows between now and the end of May 

I take it you mean that gap between end of May and Bst? 

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I mean I don't think they'll be at Glastonbury, but they've got pretty much constant shows between now and the end of May 

I take it you mean that gap between end of May and Bst? 

I guess.

I was only told that they couldn't be doing Glasto as they weren't working before July.

(the wording there might seem strange, but it makes more sense if you know what I do which i can't say).

There might have been a 'aren't working in June' part too, I forget. Whatever, the info was specifically about their glasto availability, and from the same source who told me in the preceding august the last time they played (it was prolly the first real rumour that year).

Edited by eFestivals

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Latitude, i reckon

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This was my immediate thought also 

Latitude have said they're announcing in 9 days time, and Bluedot is Pixies' only headline (festival) performance in the uk. 

If they are playing latitude I doubt they'd go out of their way to announce as a sub-headliner early

58 minutes ago, evannn said:

Latitude have said they're announcing in 9 days time, and Bluedot is Pixies' only headline (festival) performance in the uk. 

If they are playing latitude I doubt they'd go out of their way to announce as a sub-headliner early

Pixies subbing at a festival where The Maccabees headlined last year? I doubt it.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

This has probably been mentioned but why are The XX down twice? Just a typo? 

Somebody mentioned that they'd heard from somebody associated with the festival that The xx, Mark Lanagan and Margo Price were all playing the Park, so Neil put em on there too (obviously they're far too big to play the Park as a listed band but I guess a secret could happen, although is probably unlikely due to the safety restrictions etc).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Somebody mentioned that they'd heard from somebody associated with the festival that The xx, Mark Lanagan and Margo Price were all playing the Park, so Neil put em on there too (obviously they're far too big to play the Park as a listed band but I guess a secret could happen, although is probably unlikely due to the safety restrictions etc).

I see. Thanks. Yep deffo too big to be listed but a secret set may work. 

Although secret sets are never secret these days! 

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The xx played a secret set on the BBC Introducing when they were about the same size and I didn't hear of any casualties. Think it'd only border unsafe if it was rumoured to be someone else. They've done two sets each year they've played so I'd say it's a distinct possibility if their touring schedule doesn't require them elsewhere the previous/following day or whatever.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Margo Price news is welcome. She's pretty good.

Yeah definitely. Gave her album a few listens when it came out but kind of forgot about it but stuck it on earlier and it's really great, and I can imagine the Park would be a good stage for her.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The xx played a secret set on the BBC Introducing when they were about the same size and I didn't hear of any casualties. Think it'd only border unsafe if it was rumoured to be someone else. They've done two sets each year they've played so I'd say it's a distinct possibility if their touring schedule doesn't require them elsewhere the previous/following day or whatever.

I suppose, but a late night set of two songs immediately after their main set on Other is a bit different to a secret set in the middle of the day on the Park. Not saying it won't happen, but given that they seem to have steered clear of this kind of secret set to the point that there really weren't many/any of note last year it'd be weird for them to go all out and have a possible repeat of the chaos of 2011.

If it's Ed Sheeran / Green Day, The XX on Park wouldn't be ludicrous. Not that I expect either to happen. 

FWIW their BBC introducing set in 13 was very mild mannered and easy to get into. It was only three songs though so there wasn't enough time for word to spread.