Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

On twitter The Coral just said they were playing festivals this summer. I really want them to be down on the farm this year

1 hour ago, craigyb31 said:

On twitter The Coral just said they were playing festivals this summer. I really want them to be down on the farm this year

Singer James Skelly tweeted that the band had some festival dates booked. One follower replied saying "hope Glasto is one". He subsequently 'liked' it. Thank goodness for Twitter.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was surprised that The Coral haven't been at the festival thus far so they're due an appearance, and would make a perfect Other opener so i'm gonna take a punt at them being that

Even with Other openers generally being on the disappointing side I dunno if The Coral are even at that level.   

JPT more like.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even with Other openers generally being on the disappointing side I dunno if The Coral are even at that level.   

JPT more like.

surely a bigger deal/more people would give a shit than with The Charlatans. JPT probably more likely yeah, but reckon they'd make a decent stab at the Other opener, even if just to get the crowd going with those couple of big songs they have

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

surely a bigger deal/more people would give a shit than with The Charlatans. JPT probably more likely yeah, but reckon they'd make a decent stab at the Other opener, even if just to get the crowd going with those couple of big songs they have

I was just writing out a response similar to CG's. I don't think they're even as big a deal as The Charlatans and their couple of big songs might not have even lasted well. They'd only be two or three off the bottom of the Other Stage bill anyway so I'd rather that than in front of the Friday morning crowd.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Hope this is true!!!! Fully expected them last time. Mid afternoon on the other would be my guess

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

And they favourited a couple of people saying about hope 1 is Glastonbury 

2nd on Other wouldn't surprise me, I expected it after they didn't get announced. Not majorly expecting them in the 1st drop but at least for the full announcement there will be 1 act interesting, this year's 2nd drop came and went.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was surprised that The Coral haven't been at the festival thus far so they're due an appearance, and would make a perfect Other opener so i'm gonna take a punt at them being that

I don't see that, they don't quite have that thing about them that previous opening acts have. 

I did expect them to be there but I'd go and see them again on the farm clash permitting.

2 minutes ago, grayzer1 said:

Couple of big tunes? The coral have had 8 albums,last year's being one of the albums of the year 

Yeah they have like a hundred songs or something but we're on about the ones that would be recognised by people who wouldn't list The Distance Inbetween as one of their top albums of the last twelve months. Dreaming of You, Pass It On... In the Morning at a push.

I am a coral fan but no way can I see them opening...I've got tickets to see them a few weeks after Glastonbury in Manchester where they are SUPPORTING Blossoms...(only got tickets to see Coral) as much as I like them they just don't have the pull to open 

15 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

I am a coral fan but no way can I see them opening...I've got tickets to see them a few weeks after Glastonbury in Manchester where they are SUPPORTING Blossoms...(only got tickets to see Coral) as much as I like them they just don't have the pull to open 

Not a usual support though. James Skelly produced their album and they were on his label. He's helping them and exposing a new generation to his own band who were probably in nappies when their hits came out.

8 minutes ago, august1 said:

Not a usual support though. James Skelly produced their album and they were on his label. He's helping them and exposing a new generation to his own band who were probably in nappies when their hits came out.

Yer fair point....still it would surprise me if they opened

30 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

Haha, exactly the same reason we got tickets (for the support slot). Don't mind Blossoms though, so should be a good day out. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

6Music rinsed that Miss Fortune one, but I think that was the only place I ever heard it even mentioned.

To be fair that's the only place I ever hear RH, Elbow or PJ Harvey as well but I don't think the new album got them any higher. I'd fully expect them on Other as in JP higher up a lot less people would care.

40 minutes ago, RAMMAN said:

Yer fair point....still it would surprise me if they opened

I don't think there is a chance of them opening Other stage, James and The Charlatans have history etc and Beady Eye had Liam, Kaisers was probably due to being stuck.