Victorious Festival 2017

seanz25

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I've can't vouch for how nice those are on the inside but I've heard good things. You can't get much better in terms of location. 

Yes, ideal location.

I was going to rely on Southern Rail to get me to/from the festival as I'm only thirty miles away, then I came to my senses and decided best option is to just leave my car in the official car park for the duration.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, luckysalt said:

So main stage doesn't start until 12.45 now. 

Castle Stage starting at 12.15 ish I guess. 

They've both always been 11am guess they felt they didn't bring enough in, I certainly never get there that early, im gunna get in around 12 this year though I think.

Might get there earlier purely on off chance might catch sommat decent or do an hour at silent disco. Wouldn't mind catching them at 2.45 on the Seaside Stage as well

I think its sensible starting the main stages a bit later. Last year I saw one band open the Castle Stage (a field that can take about 20,000 at a guess) to about 30 people.

I guess they'll probably run some of the smaller stages with local acts earlier which will be good for those acts as if they are the only thing on will get reasonable audiences.

Anyone know when they release stage times? I want to make sure we don't miss Frank Turner who must be on early as he has another solo gig at the Joiners in Southampton at 4pm later! 

Also we haven't been to this festival before although only living in Bournemouth so not far to go for the day- what kind of crowd is it? 

Last year I believe they released stage times around this time. There will be a programme for sale as well which is £3.50 this year from what I've been told.

Pic of site build from this morning including main stage from way back and castle stage - which is further progressed)

IMG_3777.JPG

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, sedra said:

Anyone know when they release stage times? I want to make sure we don't miss Frank Turner who must be on early as he has another solo gig at the Joiners in Southampton at 4pm later! 

Also we haven't been to this festival before although only living in Bournemouth so not far to go for the day- what kind of crowd is it? 

Its pretty mixed to be honest. Tends to be a lot of families during the day who drift off as it gets later. Pretty good natured, haven't seen any trouble whatsoever and we've been going for 3 or 4 years now.

We'll probably go in the 'Meat and Barrel' on Friday and they tend to sell the lanyards there so I'll post them on here if nobody else has by then.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Good news they've finally started giving the headliners longer than an hour 

It's heading in the right direction! I still think 90 mins would be better.

Also relieved to see Franz are getting 50 mins. Any shorter would be a travesty. They also clash with Macka B who, under other circumstances I would check out but thanks for the shout @eFests .

On 8/17/2017 at 5:00 PM, Frangipane said:

Yes, ideal location.

I was going to rely on Southern Rail to get me to/from the festival as I'm only thirty miles away, then I came to my senses and decided best option is to just leave my car in the official car park for the duration.

Lived in Harry Law halls all last year for uni. Nothing special but will do the job for the weekend. Avoid Bateson if they're selling that. It's hideous. 

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Frank Turner is on at 13:15. I was fearing that it would be even earlier. 

Feeder and British Sea Power have a large overlap :(

I wont be moving far from the common stage on Sunday evening. 

Does anyone have recommendations from the smaller stages?

Yeah, the Feeder/BSP clash is a real bummer. Also tempted to miss Jake Bugg and catch Dinosaur Pile Up and Pulled Apart By Horses. Hmmmmmm...

On the plus side think can catch Slow Readers Club twice and only have to miss 'Rhythm of the 90's' then back in time for Turin Brakes.

'Southsea Alternative Choir' are pretty entertaining...catch them most years...basically a bunch of drunk squaddies doing covers.

How many stages are there this year?? Got bloody RSI scrolling down that lot

Edited by Flaminglippy

I'll back up @Flaminglippy here with support of the Southsea Alternative Choir, they are entertaining indeed.

With regards to your clash issue I'd always suggest the option against Jake Bugg, unless you are considering listening to someone plain a door, then they are almost inseparable in terms of sound, enjoyability and charisma, but then that's just my opinion!

10 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Does anyone have recommendations from the smaller stages?

Lauran Hibberd - From the Isle of Wight, playing a tiny stage at Victorious but is doing the main stage at Bestival. 

Here's her latest single for those who like acoustic folk pop 

5 hours ago, rseamer said:

Just realised there's no headphone disco this year :(

That's been a staple part of the event for a number of years

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, noticed that yesterday and hoped I'd just missed it. Shame. Always good for a crack. Surprised, was normally dead busy.

Last year it was almost a victim of it's own success; the ground was so dry and there were so many shapes being cut that it kicked up LOADS of dust and the tent had to be closed on both days for Health & Safety, on the Sunday it was so bad that they made it clear that it would not reopen (this is all from hearsay and memory so I could be corrected on this one). Could be something to do with that?

@rseamer - thanks for the tip, I'll check her out on Spotify. 

Hi all,

The charlatans (not the band) who I booked a double room with for this Sunday have cancelled my original hotel booking.  Not only that they now want to farm me off to a "sister" hotel for double the price!

Can anybody on here (or a friend of a forum friend) help out a couple of people who are coming to Victorious on Sunday, but with nowhere to stay (unless wishing to pay £160+ a night).

Thanks in advance,

Christian

1 hour ago, Comalley2014 said:

Hi all,

The charlatans (not the band) who I booked a double room with for this Sunday have cancelled my original hotel booking.  Not only that they now want to farm me off to a "sister" hotel for double the price!

Can anybody on here (or a friend of a forum friend) help out a couple of people who are coming to Victorious on Sunday, but with nowhere to stay (unless wishing to pay £160+ a night).

Thanks in advance,

Christian

AirBnB still has stuff avalaible. Otherwise the uni halls (Shitty ones are the ones left mind) - Sorry can't be of more use!