Victorious Festival 2017

seanz25

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah 

http://www.easthants.gov.uk/news/butserfest-victorious

Interesting it will be alcohol free stage still. Lets see how long that lasts...

Hahah, best of luck with that. None the less, cracking stuff. Really looking forward to that. Just hope we don't have a fuck ton of clashes. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2017 at 10:35 AM, seanz25 said:

Added Butserfest guestimate times to the Clashfinder. 

Reckon they'll have it finish up around 9:00/9:30ish? Before the headliners. Avoid crossover of main stages? Here's hoping so.

Says in that link above I posted that the stage runs til 10.30pm

On 12/06/2017 at 0:26 PM, seanz25 said:

Is Butserfest cancelled then? Like are they just moving it to Victorious? 

Apparently East Hants Council are no longer supporting it because it was originally developed for 14-20 year olds from the local area but most of the people who go aren't that anymore and the event doesn't make any money for the Council - it costs them. So it doesn't meet with Council objectives.

Will be interesting to see if it is a one off at Victorious or stays for future years.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:37 AM, luckysalt said:

Says in that link above I posted that the stage runs til 10.30pm

Updated the clashfinder with guesstimates. It's fucking killer right now on who I'm going to see. Far and away this year peaks my interest from early on though this time round. Last few years it's not had much on for me personally till about 3/4pm.

17 hours ago, rseamer said:

Apparently East Hants Council are no longer supporting it because it was originally developed for 14-20 year olds from the local area but most of the people who go aren't that anymore and the event doesn't make any money for the Council - it costs them. So it doesn't meet with Council objectives.

Will be interesting to see if it is a one off at Victorious or stays for future years.

That's interesting, I wonder if they keep the name/stage but scrap the under 18's drinking malarkey, reckon it'll be a nice fit which will be fairly busy anyway. So unless something goes really wrong can't see it being scrapped. 

7 hours ago, seanz25 said:

https:///s/vic2017/?user=0aqt7t.pd

Should work although I've put that in on my phone. 

Ah its Matt's I thought you had started one from scratch.

Not sure if @MattDavies__ is going this year, its not been touched in months by him.

I haven't used clashfinder in years so am very rusty. But someone needs to do a complete one. 10 weeks this weekend

Right, quick question, have Victorious ever added acts to the Common and Castle stages this late on before, I don't recall it happening. 

I think we are getting 1 less act this year on both stages and longer sets IMO. Still says site opens at 10am so doubt they won't have artists playing the main stages as normal. 

17 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Right, quick question, have Victorious ever added acts to the Common and Castle stages this late on before, I don't recall it happening. 

I think we are getting 1 less act this year on both stages and longer sets IMO. Still says site opens at 10am so doubt they won't have artists playing the main stages as normal. 

Quick look at news last year from efests on Victorious 2016 suggests nothing on Common/Castle this late on. However they did add over 100 smaller acts in July last year. With that in-mind they've had a trend this year to add a 'name' act as such with every announcement. So I'd guess it's still quite likely we may end up with one or two more. Especially as a lot of the main festivals have wrapped up or are done in the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2017 at 2:13 PM, rawaudioinput said:

Victorious shouldn't get too muddy being in a park, however woe betide those staying in off site camping which is a logistical ballache at the best of times

I was tempted for the Stereophonics day but I'm giving it a wide berth now

The seaside stage area has been completely submerged in some epic storms, but we're unlikely to get that kind of rain during the festival.

I'm curious about how well the camping's going to work, I wouldn't want to be bussing in and out of a festival.

On 7/30/2017 at 0:54 PM, Tommy101 said:

Some of the Global festivals aren't going so well this year. I really hope they don't have a big impact on Victorious.

This is a real worry, read loads about whats been happening at Y Not and sounds awful. Can't imagine why they would only cut costs at one festival, so doesn't bode well for Victorious. 

17 hours ago, Simsy said:

The seaside stage area has been completely submerged in some epic storms, but we're unlikely to get that kind of rain during the festival.

From memory I don't think this has happened in the 'summer' but I might be wrong. ('s only used because at the moment it's not warm and pissing it down in Portsmouth).

My main concern is purse tightening inside the festival. Last year there were some lovely additions of little details that gave areas so much character and charm. I really hope it doesn't start going in the other direction.

Either way it's a festival that I will probably always go to as it's on my doorstep and is good value for money artist wise.