Victorious Festival 2017

seanz25

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Anyone stopped in the off-site portsdown camping site?

OK amenities? Shuttle bus reliable? Etc etc 

Its not an actual campsite so can't say. All getting set up for the festival & details are here.

Portsdown Hill to Southsea is a slog at the best of times, let alone a busy day in the city. They're gonna have to have a designated route set up just for that shuttle bus or its gonna take an age. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Its not an actual campsite so can't say. All getting set up for the festival & details are here.

Portsdown Hill to Southsea is a slog at the best of times, let alone a busy day in the city. They're gonna have to have a designated route set up just for that shuttle bus or its gonna take an age. 

Cheers for the link and info matt.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

about a 10 minute cycle unless Portsea Island has grown since I lived in Southsea in the early 80s. :P

Probably still that quick on a bike, you can dodge most of the traffic :P Gunwharf has clogged most of the city up, especially on the weekend 

6 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Nobody knows.

It's the first time they've done it. 

Didn't realise that until Matt mention bed it and posted the link.

Thought it had been around last year as well,  the Midlands boys like @luckysalt and @Flaminglippy must of poshed it up in a hotel. :lol:

Edited by thetime

21 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Might sound stupid this but remember the bus lanes all through town. We often do the park and ride for Gunwarf as it's pretty quick, you skip a ton of the traffic. 

Edited by seanz25

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Thought it had been around last year as well,  the Midlands boys like @luckysalt and @Flaminglippy must of poshed it up in a hotel. :lol:

Ha...thats just the way we roll! A bunch of us rented a house last few years...worked about £100 each for 4 nights so pretty reasonable. I've been wanting to camp down there last few years but this is the first year its been an option, so I'll see what the feedback is like and consider it next year. 

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Might sound stupid this but remember the bus lanes all through town. We often do the park and ride for Gunwarf as it's pretty quick, you skip a ton of the traffic. 

They got rid of a chunk of that bus lane (to great expense putting it in, failing dramatically then taking it out). 

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I hear good things about the shuttle trip between sites.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:35 AM, eFestivals said:

about a 10 minute cycle unless Portsea Island has grown since I lived in Southsea in the early 80s. :P

I'd say you would have to be a very quick cyclist to do it in 10 minutes. Half an hour - 40 mins cycle more likely. It takes me 10 mins to cycle to the site and I live in Southsea - Portsdown Hill is much further away. 

On 4/7/2017 at 9:51 AM, thetime said:

Yeah did hotel last two years, both Ibis, tried two different ones and staying in ibis again this year. 

My mate and his mrs are coming for the first time this year and they are planning to do the camping, but they haven't bought tickets yet so that could all change... 

As the camping is offsite and a separate charge, I reckon ill probably continue to do hotel. No difference really still got to move from one place to the other.

35 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah did hotel last two years, both Ibis, tried two different ones and staying in ibis again this year. 

My mate and his mrs are coming for the first time this year and they are planning to do the camping, but they haven't bought tickets yet so that could all change... 

As the camping is offsite and a separate charge, I reckon ill probably continue to do hotel. No difference really still got to move from one place to the other.

There is a very cheap hotel btw near the gunward on the front opposite the sea. It's about 25 minutes walk. I have a hotel but will be cancelling some point in the next week as not needed. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Tell you what im having some of that Slow Readers Club! I'd heard the name but never listened to them, bloody great stuff! very 80's vibe

Yeah, saw them at Vic last year, was very impressed. Reminded me of Editors. 

That Sunday on the Common Stage is ridiculous...not a duff band on there. E-mailed the organisers yesterday to say out of all the festivals I've been to, never had a stage that has 8 consecutive bands on I love. Top work!

On 26/04/2017 at 3:12 PM, luckysalt said:

Tell you what im having some of that Slow Readers Club! I'd heard the name but never listened to them, bloody great stuff! very 80's vibe

Same here heard the name but never listened. 

Had a listen after yourself and lippy positive comments, great stuff.

they are on the lineup twice, misprint or playing higher up on a smaller stage?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Love that addition. 

They really are going for something for everyone, I wonder if this stage would have been added if it wasn't for the Global buyout, I reckon not, so at least thats something position, bad thing is, gunna clash with all the high end acts. I wonder how big this stage will be, but Victorious is so worth the money, it really is turning into the mini glasto they wanted [stage wise, in terms of choice] 

Just looked Victorious now has 15 stages! Damn.

Edited by luckysalt