Victorious Festival 2017

seanz25

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Going to the effort of making that new poster now, makes it look like an announcement isn't coming. It also looks like they feel the big acts are done. Hope they don't feel they've sold the amount of tickets they wanted to and they're just gunna use filler for the rest of the bill. The headliners this year seems to me that they would have cost a fair whack of cash and they're just selling the tickets as cheaper than going to see the artist on tour plus this undercard. Im sure Olly Murs alone is probably more than £40 so they're probably pulling people in on that plus the names they already have. 

Ah well, still enough there for me for the money spent, really was hoping for Maximo Park though too.

Jane Bigg and Franz are subbing other medium sized fests, Rita Ora would be £35 minimum mostly like and Olly as said £40+ easily, last year it was Annie Mac who is cheaper than Rita and Ronson DJ set which won't be that much.

Maximo Park isn't a big name to have added. Elbow isn't as strong as Noel by a long way and still a poor Sunday undercard but those two pop acts are where money is. Feeder stick out for me but maybe Glastonbury will add them, the travel down not worth it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2017 at 11:23 PM, thewayiam said:

Jane Bigg and Franz are subbing other medium sized fests, Rita Ora would be £35 minimum mostly like and Olly as said £40+ easily, last year it was Annie Mac who is cheaper than Rita and Ronson DJ set which won't be that much.

Maximo Park isn't a big name to have added. Elbow isn't as strong as Noel by a long way and still a poor Sunday undercard but those two pop acts are where money is. Feeder stick out for me but maybe Glastonbury will add them, the travel down not worth it.

Dunno where you got that Franz info, as I said earlier in the thread every other festival Franz are playing this year they are headlining. Only Victorious they are subbing. Kendell Calling, Belladrum and Truck, headlining all of them. But yeah second stage headliners are way stronger. Noel budget last year took the whole sunday main budget! It would seem we still have at least one big name for Sunday coming in the special guest for this year.

I had a look on FB and nearly every comment was people saying they were going to go Saturday with some saying Friday, so I think they will beef up Sunday a bit. 

9 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Dunno where you got that Franz info, as I said earlier in the thread every other festival Franz are playing this year they are headlining. Only Victorious they are subbing. Kendell Calling, Belladrum and Truck, headlining all of them. But yeah second stage headliners are way stronger. Noel budget last year took the whole sunday main budget! It would seem we still have at least one big name for Sunday coming in the special guest for this year.

I had a look on FB and nearly every comment was people saying they were going to go Saturday with some saying Friday, so I think they will beef up Sunday a bit. 

Ah my bad, I thought they were subbing so in that case then Victorious has got a decent deal with Franz. I'm not sure, I think they have used money elsewhere and booked a 2nd stage headliner than would generally outsell either headliner easy these days.

I've just extracted the day info from the fest for some of the new acts....

Maximo Park - Sunday
The Dandy Warhols- Sunday afternoon special guests
The Jesus and Mary Chain- Saturday
Band Of Skulls- Saturday.

and it's all bleedin' wrong, winkers. ;)

Right info now available here:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/victorious/2017

Edited by eFestivals

Maximo was my wish glad it came true! 

Dandy warhols have loads of great tunes, cant wait to see them! 

Shame band of skulls are subbing second, also seems really weak sub. Second stage budget totally gone on headliners this yr, main stage will be mobbed

Ive not heard of the hunna? Anyone?

Sunday main stage is looking fantastic for me...Elbow/Franz/Slaves/J&MC/Field Music/Dandy Warhols. Perfect. Won't be shifting me arse from that stage at all.

Saturday gonna have some difficult decisions with the BSP/Frightened Rabbit and potential Feeder/Maximo/Jake Bugg clashes. 

Has band of skulls subbing 2nd been confirmed online? I can't seem to find it on their social media platforms?

Also I'm thinking their may be one more similar sized announcement to this left, I know the Rhythm of the 90's thing is on the main stage this year and they seem popular enough with the festival audience at Victorious now that I doubt they'd leave them out of an announcement so to speak. Maybe them plus one or two others added to bolster Castle line-up and that'll be that?

Edited by seanz25

58 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Has band of skulls subbing 2nd been confirmed online? I can't seem to find it on their social media platforms?

Also I'm thinking their may be one more similar sized announcement to this left, I know the Rhythm of the 90's thing is on the main stage this year and they seem popular enough with the festival audience at Victorious now that I doubt they'd leave them out of an announcement so to speak. Maybe them plus one or two others added to bolster Castle line-up and that'll be that?

They're listed 2nd on the running order & I can't see Frightened Rabbit/BSP going any lower than they currently are. 

If Rhythm of the 90's are on the mainstage this year they're obviously going to get longer than the usual 30 minute slot so hopefully that means they're playing around with the stage times. 

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Ive not heard of the hunna? Anyone?

They sold out The Wedgewood Rooms when they played in Portsmouth last.

The lead singer fancies himself, their songs are full of cliché - they're clearly trying to be a stadium act, their fan base is a mix of young teens and 'lads', the band all have 'squad names', they fit the Victorious line up in terms of musical style, I can't stand them.

2 hours ago, rseamer said:

This must be the first time ever Jesus & The Mary Chain have shared a bill with Olly Murs.

I don't know that you're wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are.

It's a funny old world. Olly is a hard-gigging guy (no, really), who's don't plenty of festivals over quite a few years now, of the sorts of levels that J&MC might appear at.

21 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Jesus and Mary Chain only getting high enough for a half hour slot is a bit shit 

Didn't they used to have a tendency to walk off after 20 minutes anyway?? 30 minutes would give them time to do that and a couple of encores.

Absolutely love their new album...haven't had it off since I got it.

EDIT...By 'haven't had it off' I mean I haven't stopped playing the album, I'm not suggesting its that good its made me celibate.  

Edited by Flaminglippy
clarification