Victorious Festival 2017

seanz25

Back this year and for the first time since it started it's stretched across three days, although the Friday is an evening event only with the castle stage being the only stage open. 
What are we thinking for this year then? They set the standard very high last year when it comes to the size of acts in return for the cheap price of a ticket, it'll probably be hard for them to top, still they've done a grand job year on year in building on the festival, so I have faith in the organizers to pull it off again. 

Ideas then for who might just be playing then;

- Main: James, Madness, Happy Mondays, Elbow, Richard Ashcroft, The Charlatans, Suede, 
- Castle: Jamie T, Slaves, Busted, McFly, They've had DJ's headline the past couple of years so I'd imagine they'll have at least one headline if not both nights of the festival. 
I also reckon they'll have Rhythm of the 90's headline the Friday or play a slot on the main-stage over the weekend 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed out this year due to hospital things and was a tad gutted. Hope to get there next time.... Can you please tell me what the security is like in the car parks ie can you get back to your motor and if like me you have a campervan what's the chance of kipping in it if you are really really quiet?? 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

Thought the 2016 line up looked great and have this in mind as a replacement for Reading which is sadly moving in a different direction to my tastes...

I thought Saturday was awesome, Sunday lacked a bit and only really had Ash and NGHFB and I saw Ash at 2000 Trees.....which has got to be bar this one the best priced one about. 

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm surprised they're doing the Friday actually, I thought they'd be the Sunday headliner. 

I've heard some chatter one of the headliners might be the Libertines. 

Where you heard that Matt? And is it likely there's anything to it? Surely they're to big for it. 

41 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm surprised they're doing the Friday actually, I thought they'd be the Sunday headliner. 

I've heard some chatter one of the headliners might be the Libertines. 

20 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Where you heard that Matt? And is it likely there's anything to it? Surely they're to big for it. 

I'd be surprised if that's anything more than chatter, way too big. It was very easy to see that a lot of money for Sunday this year went into the headliners and it was wealike elsewhere and that I'd a step under The Libs.

I was surprised to, we all had it down as Rhythm of the 90's etc but I guess charging not far off the price of a day ticket anyway it had to be someone relatively known to fit in line.

Libertines would be another step-up so to speak, at least in my eyes. Would make sense if what people are saying about them taking similar slots to Noel last year as being true. 

Catfish may be a shout although good chance they'll be at Reading and it'd be a headline slot on the Castle stage if anything I think if they did play Victorious. Hoping they go for Jamie T but also expect him to be at R&L over the weekend.

Edited by seanz25

They have made their 1st announcement albeit only two acts, approx a month and a half earlier than last year too.

It would be good for them to go slightly less strong on the Sunday to allow a stronger overall day and maybe Rhythm of the 90s to either headline the Castle one night or play in the day on the main stage making a bigger party. That and maybe The Bootlegs back would be appealing.

I still think Rhythm of the 90s will be earlier on the Friday. Them, Craig Charles and Madness would go down pretty well for 20 quid a pop. 

Libertines on the Saturday then someone along the lines of James or something on Sunday and it'd be another pretty solid top bill for the ticket price. 

It was never going to be Rhythm of the 90s! They're trying to grow the festival it was always going to be a name, Im VERY happy with Madness as I was worried they would target a younger audience but it looks like they're sticking with their same target audience of previous years. 

I actually thought they would go for Fatboy Slim but hey, this is better. Will try and get there for Friday but can't get tickets yet as we are waiting on holidays being cleared at work.

The Libertines I can see being a draw but I've never liked them. I still reckon Weller is in with a chance of being there.

Can't see Catfish being a headliner here, too new. Maybe Courteeners who have been around longer. Although I don't think they're big enough at the mo for where the fest wants to go.

Kasabian could be in with a shout if they have nothing else on. It looks like we are only getting arena sized acts these days as headliners. 

Prodigy could be in the running too perhaps. 

Just been looking at the pricing for next year.

If you had bought your ticket at earliest time for the 3 days it would have been £75.60

If you buy at the latest time your 3 days will be £125.72

If you buy now its £90.72

The newly added Camping is £50

So if you buy your tickets at the last pricing tier [the most expensive] and buy camping its gunna be £175+ 

Its suddenly not such a cheap festival anymore guys....

Can only see this getting more expensive and more commercial and just becoming another same old festival. I really hope that doesn't happen. 

The other thing of note is Victorious has now become a more expensive festival than Y Not and the like that it was always compared with. So I expect bigger things this year. 

Without camping, it's still good value (but not exceptional value, which it has been the last couple of years). I'd say it's only the camping price which is extortionate and so leading it to be in excess of similar festivals like Y Not and Kendal Calling. 

And I'd be a bit annoyed if headliners still only played for an hour if I'm paying this year's prices.

Edited by aidenlangan95

46 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

It was never going to be Rhythm of the 90s! They're trying to grow the festival it was always going to be a name, Im VERY happy with Madness as I was worried they would target a younger audience but it looks like they're sticking with their same target audience of previous years. 

I actually thought they would go for Fatboy Slim but hey, this is better. Will try and get there for Friday but can't get tickets yet as we are waiting on holidays being cleared at work.

The Libertines I can see being a draw but I've never liked them. I still reckon Weller is in with a chance of being there.

Can't see Catfish being a headliner here, too new. Maybe Courteeners who have been around longer. Although I don't think they're big enough at the mo for where the fest wants to go.

Kasabian could be in with a shout if they have nothing else on. It looks like we are only getting arena sized acts these days as headliners. 

Prodigy could be in the running too perhaps. 

Prodigy would be ace. Kasabian seem way too big.

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just been looking at the pricing for next year.

If you had bought your ticket at earliest time for the 3 days it would have been £75.60

If you buy at the latest time your 3 days will be £125.72

If you buy now its £90.72

The newly added Camping is £50

So if you buy your tickets at the last pricing tier [the most expensive] and buy camping its gunna be £175+ 

Its suddenly not such a cheap festival anymore guys....

Can only see this getting more expensive and more commercial and just becoming another same old festival. I really hope that doesn't happen. 

The other thing of note is Victorious has now become a more expensive festival than Y Not and the like that it was always compared with. So I expect bigger things this year. 

You can't argue though at £30 a day or even £40 if they can produce Saturdays lineup again this year on Sunday as well. Madness aren't for me but then, Craig Charles is a decent start for £20.

I'd rather honestly have my hotel which costs about £60 I think for two nights but parking is included than pay for camping.

16 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Without camping, it's still good value (but not exceptional value, which it has been the last couple of years). I'd say it's only the camping price which is extortionate and so leading it to be in excess of similar festivals like Y Not and Kendal Calling. 

And I'd be a bit annoyed if headliners still only played for an hour if I'm paying this year's prices.

It is quite pricey for camping but R&L have been making people pay for camping for a couple of years now even if they don't advertise as so.

I'm sure headliners got 1hr 15 this year, Manics did at least.