Cliff Richard

alrapp

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, alrapp said:

Any truth in this rumour?! I've heard it twice this week from two completely completely different sources that Cliff will play the Sunday slot :-(   I think it would be the death of the legend spot. Get Aretha please!!!

i doubt it. frontrunners look to be Diana Ross (most likely) and Phil Collins (second in line). i'd be surprised if it was anybody other than those two

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure they book plenty of Tories every year. There's millions of them. Somewhere...

Well yes :P But not Cliff Richard levels of Tory. Yuck yuck yuck

Would love to be a fly on the wall if the BBC tried to talk to him about showing his set, mind.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

For the  record, I saw Cliff at  Knebworth back in 1990 and he played a well received and polished set to  a massive audience. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it

I suspect things have moved on since then, on a number of levels...

7 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Talk about kicking a man when he's down. Not only did I not get Glastonbury tickets it looks like I'm going to have to take my Gran to watch Cliff on the Saturday of Glastonbury. Still going to try in the re-sale but will have to get tickets for Cliff and go if I don't get Glastonbury tickets.

If that's not a compelling case for help in the resale I don't know what is!

13 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

For the  record, I saw Cliff at  Knebworth back in 1990 and he played a well received and polished set to  a massive audience. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it

I was there. It was Cliff and the Shadows, which is a (slightly) different proposition. Cliff may well  wish to play Glastonbury, but I can't see the Eavii particularly wanting him.