Really dodgy pop up on mobile

Jamie D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Nope still getting them unfortunately. I seem to go through a whole day without getting any and then I'll go for about an hour getting one on every thread I click on....

Thanks.

I'll kick the ad-house again.

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe its just an android thing?

in many ways it is, these ads are normally targetted against certain devices/OSs. The instances recently of happening on desktops is unusual.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just cleared my cookies and signed in again and I’m not being bombarded anymore. Obviously only a temporary, user-side fix but might be of use. :)

it would have helped if you'd posted that you were still being bombarded, every day that you're being bombarded ... because when no one or only one person posts to say, the ad-house say "no one complaining so the problem must be gone".

Which i know is bullshit - but they get pissed off being told they're wrong - and it's why there's no problem for you right now, cos all of the ads have been killed off for the moment.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it would have helped if you'd posted that you were still being bombarded, every day that you're being bombarded ... because when no one or only one person posts to say, the ad-house say "no one complaining so the problem must be gone".

Which i know is bullshit - but they get pissed off being told they're wrong - and it's why there's no problem for you right now, cos all of the ads have been killed off for the moment.

Oh right my apologies. I just saw a couple of comments from today saying the same experience as mine so I thought you were already aware.

edit:  But yeah it was on every page this morning. Worst I’ve had it. Looked like the above but with ‘Google user’ so obviously directed at different platforms as you suggested.

Edited by dentalplan

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/01/2018 at 7:19 AM, CJTM said:

I get these every time I click on a forum on my mobile (safari) 

IMG_3898.PNG

IMG_3920.PNG

@eFestivals  I'm now getting this same one a lot too. Safari on iOS and happens both on 4G and wifi. When I click back it takes me back multiple clicks so is now making the site unusable on my phone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Browser hijack around noon on my Samsung S6 Chrome browser. Pop up had something to do with Amazon, happened a few times. I was on O2 wifi at a Costa.

thanks. :(

Seems to be the case that when any one of three different advertisers is turned on, this problem crops up soon after.

I'll get it addressed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...