Really dodgy pop up on mobile

Jamie D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for letting me know, and my apologies for not having seen these posts till now.

In the time since your posts I've been informed that an issue like this was found and shut down, so hopefully that's the end of the issue for now.

But these keep cropping up, so please do let me know if it happens so they can be found and removed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2016 at 1:10 PM, eFestivals said:

That's good to know, thanks.

Please make sure you post to let me know if it happens again, as I can only stop it happening if I know there's a problem.

Hiya Neil, seems to be happening again but a lot less frequently than before. The sites are all similar to http://offers.priminate.com/ . Thank you! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

damn. Not had a report of these for a while. :(

I'll get it jumped on today, thanks for letting me know.

No problem, been meaning to let you know for a little while just wasn't sure if you'd be around much over xmas. Seems to have been really prominent over that period.

Looking at the last post about this, it has indeed been a while.

8 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Had one on the mac and don't know what to do could you advise? Today around 9PM. Don't get why. Also had one on my phone and easily deleted that through the browser. 

Regards.

it's nothing to worry about, apart from the inconvenience. It's purely one advert carrying a hidden link to open another advert.

I can get the guilty ads tracked down and blocked, but to do that I need the time it happened, the IP address being used at the time, and also your device type and browser type - but without specific info it's exceeding hard to stop.

14 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just got a new one on mobile I hadnt seen before

hi Matty

I've raised this with the ad-house and they're suggesting it might be a caching issue on your device (as they believe they've already killed off that problem).

Please go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache.

hopefully that'll sort the problems you've experienced.

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

hi Matty

I've raised this with the ad-house and they're suggesting it might be a caching issue on your device (as they believe they've already killed off that problem).

Please go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache.

hopefully that'll sort the problems you've experienced.

Nope still getting them unfortunately. I seem to go through a whole day without getting any and then I'll go for about an hour getting one on every thread I click on....

Maybe its just an android thing?

Hello, 

Cleared cache.

Deleted and reinstalled the app.

Cleared browser cache (and also any temporary internet files/ history)

And im still getting these. 

Seems to be a pain between 3pm and 1930, anywhere outside this it's fine. (Its not constant between those times either, it's normally in 20-30min stints where i physically can't use the app and need to come back)

Im on Android, S7 edge+. Impacting both App and through Chrome.

Screenshot_20180111-185215.png

Screenshot_20180111-185511.png

Screenshot_20180111-185306.png

Edited by Hawky