Will he be Edlining?

Tables innit

It really depends on his next album, to more or less state the obvious.  

To look at the two previous examples, Travis and Mumfords brought out relative duds after their big hit records.  Ed hit big with his first album, but then followed it up with something bigger in every way.  It's just maybe a wee bit too early to tell if he'll be around for decades - even if the law of averges suggests he probably won't be.

12 hours ago, play it cool said:

Like many before him (Travis, Mumfords, etc) he'll soon start the descent into arenas, and then onto O2 Academys.

I wouldn't say that at all, he's one of those popular artists in my age group, considerably more popular than Mumford and Sons ever were. Ed might not be around for decades but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Seems inevitable. The only thing I could see preventing it would be some kind of delay in the album being ready. But then again I reckon he'd just do it anyway as he'd probably be off cycle again in 2019.

I don't like him at all but he'd be a popular booking. Thankfully nobody in the group I'm going with can stand him so it would be perfect chance for Saturday night far from the Pyramid.

On 04/11/2016 at 0:37 AM, Tables innit said:

I can see him doing it. All the signs appear to be pointing to him, and if he does, then meh, whatever. He's something for the more pop-orientated festival goers which seem to have a slot dedicated to them these days.

Gaga in to Ed wouldn't be the worst if you're that way inclined.

I'll be at the West Holts anyway watching The Roots :D