Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just gone 26 but I'm at the age now where speaking to people older than myself is far more entertaining. Socially anyway. Much better than hearing how some 18 year old took a pill for the first time. 

Give me an older crowd any day of the week..

On 31/07/2017 at 10:02 AM, lucyginger said:

This is going to be so odd compared to Glastonbury! Good, but odd! 

So can I just check that we have to buy a programme when we arrive, and that tells us what's happening when? How am I supposed to plan for clashes?! ARGGGHH!! 

:) 

If you PM me who you'd like to know times for, i can help you out with clashes :)

42 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

These boomtown alcohol laws are the worst thing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria (never mind the dogs)

What's the best way prohibition era smugglers got booze about? Old ways are the best ways.

yes, they are. 

£45 to park your car now as well - as the car parking passes are no longer avaialbe online and thats the roll up price. 

that, the booze, and the dogs are three reasons my love affair with boomtown has ended, after 4 glorious years. Shame really, the lineups are good - but f*** the bull$hit that comes with it.

I've imagines in my head that they way to succeed with this is to send one ahead, with nothing dodgy, to survey the situation, and stand at a safe distance, mobile in hand, to inform when the hounds are having a tea break and the searches are minimal - and then just go for it - and hope for the best.

I've given up playing this stupid game though, so I'll leave it to others to become part of hampshire polices arrest figures. 

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Right so my friends are in two minds about where to camp, I need to know if the wild west camping area is hilly enough in case the worst happens? I'm guessing everywhere on the outskirts is hilly though! 

Thanks in advance for any advise!! 

What are you imagining when you say "in case the worst happens"? As a glasto person I'm thinking you mean weather and r*in.

The ground there is a few inches of soil then chalk - it doesn't really do mud. Some of the low points in the bowl can get briefly flooded in a proper downpour but it drains away very quickly and even when it's been hammering it down for ages you only get a few inches of mud max.

DSCF0014_v2.jpg

58 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

These boomtown alcohol laws are the worst thing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria (never mind the dogs)

What's the best way prohibition era smugglers got booze about? Old ways are the best ways.

I'm planning to buy a load of spirits and decante them into water and coke bottles. There's loads of videos on YouTube on how to remove lids without breaking the seal. If there's anything security will be looking for, it's broken seals on soft drinks... 

27 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

What are you imagining when you say "in case the worst happens"? As a glasto person I'm thinking you mean weather and r*in.

The ground there is a few inches of soil then chalk - it doesn't really do mud. Some of the low points in the bowl can get briefly flooded in a proper downpour but it drains away very quickly and even when it's been hammering it down for ages you only get a few inches of mud max.

DSCF0014_v2.jpg

Yes I mean the r***!! Thank you, I shall relay the info. Chalk is good! Thanks! :)

29 minutes ago, qndrm said:

I'm planning to buy a load of spirits and decante them into water and coke bottles. There's loads of videos on YouTube on how to remove lids without breaking the seal. If there's anything security will be looking for, it's broken seals on soft drinks... 

I was thinking similar! Thanks for the youtube tip :)

9 minutes ago, manateemike said:

Alcohol Share

Maybe some people are arriving with others who are not using their allowance and so you could use theirs. 

I'm lucky I have my wife's allowance to get me through. 

I thought of that but unfortunately we're all taking the full allowance! I think I'm going to get the premix cans of spirits to take, as buying spirits on site will probably be more expensive than cider, so thought I'd use my allowance that way :) 

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

You can always take a bottle of spirit in the middle of a sleeping bag/tent. Whilst they'll search people, i don't think they'll take your sleeping bag or tent out of it's bag, so you should be ok with that.

That's what my friend said they did last year! Might give it a bash if I'm feeling brave!

1 hour ago, Mr Mr said:

Has anybody worked/volunteered at boomtown? Are there the same searches and restrictions going in through the crew gates as the public gates and from crew camping into the festival? 

Yes, and yes and no and no.... There can be dogs at the staff gates too. Booze limit is more relaxed but don't take the piss and still no glass etc. The crew camping <-> festival gates have a security on them checking wristbands but that's it.

**** WORK FOR BOOMTOWN CREW TICKET. Due to last min cancellation I am looking for 2 wardrobe assistants for large outdoor circus show. Must arrive Tuesday 8th f...or a meeting at 7pm. Working Wed/Thurs. 4 hours only fri/sat. Must be very organised and creative, able to use sewing machine/overlocker/gluegun and be able to style and organise according to brief, help sort out and dress 40 performers. Working within a larger Team. Sober when working. Meals provided. Sorry this is not Paid and No transport provided. Meal, Crew camping and pro photos provided. contact me ASAP on zephyrliddell@gmail.com or on here Phyr DuWyn PM me. PLEASE SHARE.*****

Another Boomtown newbie here!

I think I saw somewhere in the thread about bars & prices... can't find it again (I'm sure it's there but I'm very hungover).

Any bar recommendations, especially ones with the lower prices? 

Thanks! x