Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First timer this year and I totally fell in love with it. Never doubted that I would but it was amazing to have it confirmed in such a spectacular way. My group is getting on a bit now so we went for Hilltop Boomtique which was so worth it. Felt definite shades of the Bestival vibe throughout the site, particularly the quirkier elements and some of the dance areas. And Whistler's Green where we were camped also really reminded me of Glasto Greenfields. But all with a totally unique and very special Boomtown stamp. Being a devoted Glasto clashfinder obsessive it was brilliant feeling so free to bimble around stumbling onto whatever took our fancy. We saw 3 bands the whole weekend. Thanks efesters for all the general encouragement, tips and stories!

Oh PS...

I handed in a new looking Samsung Galaxy (I think), dark bluish colour with similar colour case (again I think...). Found Friday night 11ish on a low wall at the bottom of Mayfair just above the hill of death with just the charging cable attached, no actual charger brick. I took it back to the tent and tried to charge it but it seemed to have water damage as the raindrop icon was showing. Anyway hope it's been returned to its owner and dried out!

17 hours ago, shuttlep said:

out of curiosity 

does anyone know how much a boomtique wristband is?

This year it was £50, up from £30 in previous years.  put some of our group off who just did PAYG showers in Zooloos @ £5 a go.

I only went uptown but downtown is supposed to be bigger.  queues for showers about half hr wait but nice  and warm. 

massages, bar and café if you want to pay.

BUT the Sauna area had been improved.   It was nude if you wish (about 50/50 nude) so kept out the 'lads'.

2 cold showers

Sauna was bigger and hotter

3 hot tubs  - drinking tolerated this year.  Limited to 20 mins at busy times

Plunge pool - cold

Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful - water available at all times

fire pit and music playing.  awesome at sundown - it stayed open till 10pm each day

only downside is the netting they had to put up (due to nudity) which spoilt the view down on to Downtown.

worth every penny IMHO

Edited by dumski

52 minutes ago, dumski said:

This year it was £50, up from £30 in previous years.  put some of our group off who just did PAYG showers in Zooloos @ £5 a go.

I only went uptown but downtown is supposed to be bigger.  queues for showers about half hr wait but nice  and warm. 

massages, bar and café if you want to pay.

BUT the Sauna area had been improved.   It was nude if you wish (about 50/50 nude) so kept out the 'lads'.

2 cold showers

Sauna was bigger and hotter

3 hot tubs  - drinking tolerated this year.  Limited to 20 mins at busy times

Plunge pool - cold

Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful - water available at all times

fire pit and music playing.  awesome at sundown - it stayed open till 10pm each day

only downside is the netting they had to put up (due to nudity) which spoilt the view down on to Downtown.

worth every penny IMHO

That was more and far better information than they had on their web site and was exactly what i needed

Thank you

The queries that you ponder, there are questions you should ask - but what you really should be thinking - WHO'S THE MIND BEHIND THE MASK?

Already excited for next year. As put so very well by the Independent "Just bear in mind once you go to this festival, everything else will feel a bit tame..." http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/boomtown-2017-music-and-mayhem-gives-a-welcome-break-from-reality-a7897401.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm sure most of you went to Boomtown this year, so I'm hoping you'd be able to complete a survey for my Masters Course at UWE. Its on Eco-friendly initiatives at Festivals and using Boomtown as a case study for it, particularly the EcoBond schemes so if you used it or know people who did I'd really like to have your responses.

Thanks in advance. 

https://bristol.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6DPguITMInE0IWV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next year will be my first time at Boomtown, going with a big group of us who would typically go to Glastonbury, just a quick question really, do you know if the Boomtique options go on sale with the tickets typically? Just trying to work out how much money I will need to spend on the 1st.

On 18/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Next year will be my first time at Boomtown, going with a big group of us who would typically go to Glastonbury, just a quick question really, do you know if the Boomtique options go on sale with the tickets typically? Just trying to work out how much money I will need to spend on the 1st.

They did last year, but we met folks who bought them much later on.