Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

23 hours ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

What's the best way prohibition era smugglers got booze about? Old ways are the best ways.

Image result for homer simpson prohibition bowling ball

18 hours ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

Tip for next year: bring a Muslim

I got chatting to a Sikh at an event recently who was saying that he could get just about anything small through security in his turban. His words were along the lines of 'Security are too worried about the bomb round my waist to consider the Mandy in my Turban'. Not sure how many bottles of rum he's get in there mind.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, man next door said:

yes, they are. 

£45 to park your car now as well - as the car parking passes are no longer avaialbe online and thats the roll up price. 

that, the booze, and the dogs are three reasons my love affair with boomtown has ended, after 4 glorious years. Shame really, the lineups are good - but f*** the bull$hit that comes with it.

I've imagines in my head that they way to succeed with this is to send one ahead, with nothing dodgy, to survey the situation, and stand at a safe distance, mobile in hand, to inform when the hounds are having a tea break and the searches are minimal - and then just go for it - and hope for the best.

I've given up playing this stupid game though, so I'll leave it to others to become part of hampshire polices arrest figures. 

87 people arrested out of 60,000 people how about just buying your gear in there with the testing tent you can be sure you get what you pay for lol

2 hours ago, LMK said:

Another Boomtown newbie here!

I think I saw somewhere in the thread about bars & prices... can't find it again (I'm sure it's there but I'm very hungover).

Any bar recommendations, especially ones with the lower prices? 

Thanks! x

Last year the bad apple bar was the only lower priced one of the main bars.

Just round the corner from that theres a cider stall which does offers towards the end of the festival to get more punters in, ive also haggled with them as its their own place you can get some good deals(compared to the advertised price)

Please don't post spoilers or build pictures - they specifically ask all over site for no build pictures on social media and it spoils a lot of magic and surprise for newbies.

Maybe provide links or tell people how to find them if they can't help themselves, but give folk a chance.

Edited by frostypaw

36 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Please don't post spoilers or build pictures - they specifically ask all over site for no build pictures on social media and it spoils a lot of magic and surprise for newbies.

Maybe provide links or tell people how to find them if they can't help themselves, but give folk a chance.

Ahh ok sorry, anyway to delete that post?

Edited by qndrm

19 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Pissing down here now. Dont know if the site is escaping. Countryfile forecast puts Wednesday as the wet day and improving further into the week. Hope were not setting up in the rain...!

Fingers crossed 

Does anyone know any of the secret plots or anything for this year?

Accidently stumbled on the making of the cyborgs for this year at least years, ended up in some surgery area with people being operated on and loads of mental doctors hidden away in mayfair. Noticed that was the set in the theatrical trailer for this year.

If you go to old town this year there should be a secret door you knock on and say "Do I know you friend?" to get in to something that's all I known so far...

On 8/4/2017 at 3:42 PM, Davet84 said:

Last year the bad apple bar was the only lower priced one of the main bars.

Just round the corner from that theres a cider stall which does offers towards the end of the festival to get more punters in, ive also haggled with them as its their own place you can get some good deals(compared to the advertised price)

Brilliant, cheers!

Hey guys n girls my name is Bob im from Luxembourg and i will play with my band called Los Duenos on Boomtown this year so if you like come an join our gig on saturday 6pm at chinatown it would be nice to meet you there ;) and a good chance to warm up for saturday night with a litle bit of ska reggea an some punk influences! check out our page on facebook. 

see you on thursday and sorry for my bad english ;)

On 04/08/2017 at 7:01 PM, frostypaw said:

They posted some themselves of the build yesterday. I can't find it now to link but search FBook and it will be there somewhere.  

roll on the ☀️

Edited by dumski

Is there a way to work out which acts are playing which days other than going on to the individual acts website? Both the eFesters line up page and the Boomtown website have limited information on this front. Won't be there Saturday so would be a massive help!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fboomtownofficial%2Fposts%2F2017863778239826&width=500" width="500" height="790" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

failed link post

Edited by dumski
trying to link FB