Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all...  

Could I please seek some advice. Never been to Boomtown. Very exclusively a Glasto goer. My son won tickets for Boomtown. But we know nothing about it. Saw previously a little information in relation to taking alcohol in. Actually first thing to ask is how does the camping work, as in is like Glastonbury where once your in your in or is it separated. Then. Alcohol allowed and how? Umm. So much, too much to still know. 

35 minutes ago, elbongo said:

Hey all...  

Could I please seek some advice. Never been to Boomtown. Very exclusively a Glasto goer. My son won tickets for Boomtown. But we know nothing about it. Saw previously a little information in relation to taking alcohol in. Actually first thing to ask is how does the camping work, as in is like Glastonbury where once your in your in or is it separated. Then. Alcohol allowed and how? Umm. So much, too much to still know. 

Yup no arena, just like glasto in that respect. The booze rules are no neat spirits and only 16 cans I think - http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/info/faq/ 

HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN I BRING IN WITH ME?

You may bring up to 16 x 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer OR 17 x 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks OR a 3-litre box of wine OR 7 litres of cider/lager/beer in plastic bottles or cans.

Hellooo!! I'm volunteering as a steward this year and hoping I can get most of my shifts done on Thursday.

Can anyone remember is there much happening on the Thursday? I can't find my lineup book from last year. Is it like other festivals where there's not much happening on Thursday and the music ends early that night?

Xxx

Hey Guys

does anybody know how long it takes to walk across boomtown ?? or more specifically from north gate to west gate.

and also if anybody knows if i can get dropped of by a taxi near the west gate car park.

thank you very much to everyone who answers.

13 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Twenty minutes max?

It's small.

There isn't much happening Thursday indeed, tends to be acts that are also on at other times during the main days and yes the music stops at midnight

This is going to be so odd compared to Glastonbury! Good, but odd! 

So can I just check that we have to buy a programme when we arrive, and that tells us what's happening when? How am I supposed to plan for clashes?! ARGGGHH!! 

:) 

Music does not stop at 12 on the Thursday?

Whilst in an empty site it might be possible to walk very fast and do the woods to sector 6 in 20 minutes

a more realistic time would be north gate to west gate during full festival flow would be an hour. its nothing on Glastonbury but it isn't as small as people are making out. From the woods down town to where I was camped in trench town last year was 45 minutes to walk.

The hill is a pain at first but becomes nothing after a while you just do it, or take the stairs. Might feel it in your calves on Monday though

6 hours ago, lucyginger said:

This is going to be so odd compared to Glastonbury! Good, but odd! 

So can I just check that we have to buy a programme when we arrive, and that tells us what's happening when? How am I supposed to plan for clashes?! ARGGGHH!! 

:) 

Hiya Lucy :D

Yer from what ive heard you buy the programme and lanyard when you get through the gate,

I plan on grabbing one straight away so i can set up ande then chill with e jamaican woodbine and sort my clashes out :smoke:

So excited for this now, i`ll be sure to look out for ya :hi:

2 hours ago, Davet84 said:

Music does not stop at 12 on the Thursday?

Whilst in an empty site it might be possible to walk very fast and do the woods to sector 6 in 20 minutes

a more realistic time would be north gate to west gate during full festival flow would be an hour. its nothing on Glastonbury but it isn't as small as people are making out. From the woods down town to where I was camped in trench town last year was 45 minutes to walk.

Yeah the time to walk anywhere once it's all going massively increases - it's nothing if not full of distractions... this route is screwy but even this long way around says only 20mins https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.0596676,-1.2434747/51.053478,-1.2455236/51.0566232,-1.2543908/@51.0562785,-1.2523684,1081m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/info/faq/

WHEN DOES THE MUSIC START AND END?
Please note that amplified music isn't 24hrs.

Thu: 12:00 – 00:00

Fri: 12:00 – 04:00

Sat: 12:00 – 04:00

Sun: 12:00 – 00:00

Edited by frostypaw

23 hours ago, tommywillo said:

Hiya Lucy :D

Yer from what ive heard you buy the programme and lanyard when you get through the gate,

I plan on grabbing one straight away so i can set up ande then chill with e jamaican woodbine and sort my clashes out :smoke:

So excited for this now, i`ll be sure to look out for ya :hi:

Tommy!!! Hello! I'm getting excited for this, but nervous too! Haha! 

Is there an efests meet planned? :)

Thursday 6-8pm(ish) Bad Apple Bar has been a meet up place the last couple of years, though sometimes it all gets a bit messy and people miss each other... a large group I am going with will probably come up to there for a bit anyway.

Edited by Paul ™

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Lucy

We normally meet outside the bad apple bar sometime around 1800. On the open side round the corner from the town square.  

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Thursday 6-8pm(ish) Bad Apple Bar has been a meet up place the last couple of years, though sometimes it all gets a bit messy and people miss each other... a large group I am going with will probably come up to there for a bit anyway.

Thanks! Now I've read that, I think I knew anyway!!! Oops! 

Will endeavour to find you all :) 

I've seen the new 2017 'public map' posted on here about 2 pages back (which basically focuses on districts), and the 2016 'venue' map posted by frostypaw a few pages further back on here and basically wondered of there was an equivalent to the latter now available for 2017.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure that's part of the boomtown ethos. :P

.... Which is kind of what has drawn me to stewarding this festival for the first time this year. :D However, I know the common sort of questions asked of stewards 90% of the time, which is 'where is something or such and such', and I want to be able to provide useful information given that I'll be unfamiliar with the site geography and its venues. Can't wait!

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

.... Which is kind of what has drawn me to stewarding this festival for the first time this year. :D However, I know the common sort of questions asked of stewards 90% of the time, which is 'where is something or such and such', and I want to be able to provide useful information given that I'll be unfamiliar with the site geography and its venues. Can't wait!

just send them to the opposite side of the site, and they'll be so fucked by those hills there's no chance of any come back to you. :P