Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

On 2/8/2017 at 4:07 PM, eFestivals said:

The alcohol restrictions at Boomtown are a bummer. To be honest I've no idea why they bother with them, given how little drinking goes on compared to other fests.

What are the alcohol restrictions? And are they strictly enforced?

My first Boomtown this year by the looks of things!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN I BRING IN WITH ME?

You may bring up to 16 x 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer OR 17 x 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks OR a 3-litre box of wine OR 7 litres of cider/lager/beer in plastic bottles or cans.

Due to licence conditions no glass is allowed on site and will be confiscated at point of entry. Unopened plastic bottles are allowed, but if the seal is broken these will also be confiscated at the gates as we cannot allow unidentifiable substances onto the festival site. No re-entry with alcohol also applies.

When i went in 2014 there was a two hour queue at 3.00pm and they seemed to be searching loads of people for excess alcohol, in 2015 i didn't turn up until about 6.00pm on Thursday and walked straight through. Don't know what it was like last year though.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

What are the alcohol restrictions? And are they strictly enforced?

My first Boomtown this year by the looks of things!

Yes strictly enforced. Checks on way in. Have to drink excess in queue or throw in bin/leave in car. 

Can only take alcohol in once, when you exchange ticket for wristband. 

Edited by craigb

34 minutes ago, tjamest said:

HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN I BRING IN WITH ME?

You may bring up to 16 x 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer OR 17 x 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks OR a 3-litre box of wine OR 7 litres of cider/lager/beer in plastic bottles or cans.

Due to licence conditions no glass is allowed on site and will be confiscated at point of entry. Unopened plastic bottles are allowed, but if the seal is broken these will also be confiscated at the gates as we cannot allow unidentifiable substances onto the festival site. No re-entry with alcohol also applies.

When i went in 2014 there was a two hour queue at 3.00pm and they seemed to be searching loads of people for excess alcohol, in 2015 i didn't turn up until about 6.00pm on Thursday and walked straight through. Don't know what it was like last year though.

the car parks on Thursday evening look something like Glasto's Pyramid field at the end of the night - because everyone is knocking back their excess drinks that they can't take in.

15 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yes strictly enforced. Checks on way in. Have to drink excess in queue or throw in bin/leave in car. 

Can only take alcohol in once, when you exchange ticket for wristband. 

What a stinking load of bull$hit that is... cos , yeah, of course, it's the excess alcohol that's resulting in all these deaths over the years... and in no way about maximising bar takings.

36 minutes ago, man next door said:

What a stinking load of bull$hit that is... cos , yeah, of course, it's the excess alcohol that's resulting in all these deaths over the years... and in no way about maximising bar takings.

you need to find yourself a crew member who's selling - there's no restrictions on them. :P

Edited by eFestivals

Slightly confused about some of the info. Lots of acts on the Chinatown poster are being shown as playing the Town Centre stage. We enjoy ska, much of which was in the TC stage last year. 

Boomtown rules state we can't take our 15 y/o into Chinatown after 7pm (reality is a bit different, but only takes a jobs worth to note his wristband) but as of the moment most of the bands I'm interested in will be unwatchable. Bugger :-(

4.11 Teen and Child ticket holders are not permitted entry into the DownTown Areas (which includes DSTRKT 5, Barrio Loco and ChinaTown

Funnily enough he can goto into sector 6, strange. 

30 minutes ago, manateemike said:

Slightly confused about some of the info. Lots of acts on the Chinatown poster are being shown as playing the Town Centre stage. We enjoy ska, much of which was in the TC stage last year. 

Boomtown rules state we can't take our 15 y/o into Chinatown after 7pm (reality is a bit different, but only takes a jobs worth to note his wristband) but as of the moment most of the bands I'm interested in will be unwatchable. Bugger :-(

4.11 Teen and Child ticket holders are not permitted entry into the DownTown Areas (which includes DSTRKT 5, Barrio Loco and ChinaTown

Funnily enough he can goto into sector 6, strange. 

have a look at the line-up info on the efests boomtown line-up page - there's a better breakdown of stages there than I've seen anywhere else, and it came from Boomtown, so it should be accurate.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/boomtown/2017/lineup.shtml

1 hour ago, manateemike said:

Saw on their Facebook page that they have lumped all music of a similar genre together. So the top section of the Chinatown poster from The Specials to The SkaVengers are playing elsewhere at the festival and then everything below is in Chinatown.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

have a look at the line-up info on the efests boomtown line-up page - there's a better breakdown of stages there than I've seen anywhere else, and it came from Boomtown, so it should be accurate.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/boomtown/2017/lineup.shtml

Thank you, indeed I had looked at that. Which was why I was a bit confused. Good point that it was from them as well !

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Saw on their Facebook page that they have lumped all music of a similar genre together. So the top section of the Chinatown poster from The Specials to The SkaVengers are playing elsewhere at the festival and then everything below is in Chinatown.

Thank you. 

Actually not sure what bothered me more, sneaking the kid in or having to walk up that bloody hill each night afterwards !!

Not many acts appealed to us down the hill last year, thankfully.