Boomtown Fair 2017

Jamieyorkshire

10 hours ago, shaqroger said:

Is the crowd young at Boom? I'm 18 and about to book with my friends and honestly can't wait as it looks amazing.

Also is there any other forum or place where you can get more information/chats about Boom?

The majority are under 25, I'd say. The first time I went (about 5 years ago) there was almost no one over about 22.

There's facebook, but it's facebook. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dumski said:

what a tease :( only  5 days to wait  . . . . . . . . ..

one of the organisers has been querying thoughts on Sean Paul via FB.  Hopefully not, but judging by Neil's comment sounds like a similar sort of reggae/dancehall act

you might find a few rumoured names on the Boomtown line-up page on a website around here somewhere. :P

3 minutes ago, man next door said:

Hmmm... yeah, not a lot to wet your pants about really.

ive said it before, and I'll say it again. 

Manu. Chao.

come on boomtown, pull your finger out. 

I know they've tried to book him in the past, and failed. 

A little birdy asked me to recommend some UK festies that were Manu's sort of thing that same year, and top of the list I sent back was Boomtown ... turned out it was an attempt to find more places he might play to make a trip to the UK for Boomtown worthwhile.

I don't think Manu has much love for UK festies. I know he's not a fan of Glastonbury at all.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm a big reggae fan, and it looks like this year there's nothing to excite me.

There was a few interesting ones: Dub Poet (not LKJ), Two classic 70's MCs playing together, but nothing spectacular on the reggae front i agree.

18 minutes ago, man next door said:

That is interesting... 

i remember he had something like a 4pm slot at Glastonbury when he played.... should have headlined west holts or something instead. 

I saw them at lovebox that year. F'ing brilliant - it even made it worth going to lovebox!! 

He did headline West Holts the last time he played and an early evening Pyramid slot.  They pulled the plug on him on West Holts.  That's not why he doesn't like it though, he says in his auto biography that Glastonbury reminds him of Palestine with all the fences and CCTV cameras, keeping people in and out.

8 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

He did headline West Holts the last time he played and an early evening Pyramid slot.  They pulled the plug on him on West Holts.  That's not why he doesn't like it though, he says in his auto biography that Glastonbury reminds him of Palestine with all the fences and CCTV cameras, keeping people in and out.

ah cool - good knowledge!

It really doesn't look like he's going to be back in the uk any time soon. 

bummer.