Caravan tickets.. swap possible?

Gazdean

Mr and my wife made a royal cock up on the day of buying caravan / camper van tickets.

She ended up with a ticket for the family area and I eneed up with one at the bath & west area. 

Even though we will all be together in one caravan with the kids see tickets will not swap either of us for the other area..

Does anyone on here want to be in the other area and fancies swapping with either me or my wife so we can all have the same tickets?? 

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but ... If you only have one caravan, you only need one campervan ticket.  Did you think that each person (ie adult) with a general admission ticket needed a separate CV ticket? If that's the case, you can return one and you're quids in!

Hi Gaz, first off I'm sorry to say I cannot help wit the swaps idea.

But, I have to ask:  I am confused!  You say that you will be together in the one caravan with the kids.  You only need one ticket per vehicle, not one per adult.  So, if it was your plan to camp in East Family, you'll be fine if you're all in the same car (& caravan).  If this is the situation, you won't need the Bath & West one - just get a refund on it.

If you are coming in with two caravans / cars or whatever, you'll have a bit of an issue.  For 2017, the ticket will have the name of the purchaser on it.  They have to be present at time of entry.  So, say you don't actually need the Bath & West one, you can't really swap it, unless you can get to B&W as the other person using it tries to get it - or they won't get in.  This would also apply to the ticket you swapped B&W for - you'd need the purchaser to be present as you tried to use it in East Family.

If you did need two tickets for whatever reason, I think that your best plan is to refund the B&W one and keep an eye on the sales.  There have been two separate sales of camper van tickets (including one this afternoon / evening that ran for around 20 minutes).  So, you stand a reasonable chance of another East Family one if you invest in a page checker like the one on this forum:

http://www.checkpage.co.uk

2 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but ... If you only have one caravan, you only need one campervan ticket.  Did you think that each person (ie adult) with a general admission ticket needed a separate CV ticket? If that's the case, you can return one and you're quids in!

Snap!

That'll teach me to write war&peace

22 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Yep feel daft now I genuinely thought we both needed them...

Anyhow happy family now, get a refund and someone else can have a camper ticket.. win win.

Cheers for replying.

Don't feel daft - feel happy that you and your family are going to have a fabulous time in June.  I know you didn't ask for my advice on this but I would suggest you return the bath & west ticket.  With a young family I think that the east campervan fields would be easier (though others might disagree).