Bath and West showground questions

gizmoman

I've had to book for the B&W showground as my preferred West campervan option had gone, GFL haven't given a great deal of info other than there will be a 24hr shuttle. I'm assuming it will run from Wednesday morning but will you be able to go on site on Monday? Will it run to gate A only or are there other options? Anyone use it this year and have any advice? How long does it take? How long do you have to wait between buses? Any info welcome.

24 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

I've had to book for the B&W showground as my preferred West campervan option had gone, GFL haven't given a great deal of info other than there will be a 24hr shuttle. I'm assuming it will run from Wednesday morning but will you be able to go on site on Monday? Will it run to gate A only or are there other options? Anyone use it this year and have any advice? How long does it take? How long do you have to wait between buses? Any info welcome.

Campervan fields open at 12 Tuesday.  The shuttle bus runs to Gate A approx every 15 minutes 24 hours.  Transfer takes about 10/15 mins.

Feedback from this years overflow situation was pretty positive with decent showers and toilets and whatnot,

49 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Thanks for that Stuwilky, when I said can you get on site Monday I meant the Monday after the festival, there won't be much demand to go back on site so I guess there won't be a shuttle?

Sorry fella.

Yes there is a shuttle on Monday as its the pick up / drop off point so it carries on until 6pm Monday

On 10/31/2016 at 6:00 PM, gizmoman said:

All sounds good, may well be a better option all round, especially if it's muddy!

It would be interesting if there was a repeat of this year - presumably the contingency of using B&W would be problematic as already allocated this time round... (though possibly B&W is massive with far more capacity than what they're planning to use?)  

• 2 weeks later...

Some parts were really bad - but I did think a lot of it was tractor related.  They were back and forth "in case people got stuck" - they wanted to make sure someone didnt get stuck on the way and block people behind.

I dont think Id have been able to drive through and I have the worlds biggest Volvo and the worlds lightest caravan (almost!)

I have an old Audi A6 Quattro Allroad and a heavy caravan.  The car was loaded with four hefty adults, which actually helped with traction, and we drove in and out under our own steam.

The real problem was with motorhomes, which tend to be front wheel drive but with all the weight at the back and poor traction.