Liam Fray slams classist snobs who criticise northern fans

Alan_C

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/12/2016 at 2:46 PM, mattiloy said:

Class is not relevant to this discussion. I'm from one of the most traditionally working class towns in the North West and in my experience socio-economic background has nothing to do with it. The Courteeners fans I know are simply not really into music. They are into the image. The Courteeners appropriate an image of swagger and bravado. Reading their lyrics they look like they could have been written by any stroppy adolescent 'lad'. Their audience is an inevitable consequence of what they do and if they get bottled by stroppy adolescent lads then..... Why has David Guetta never been bottled off stage? If you go to any working class town in the North on a Saturday night you'll find most clubs blaring out David Guetta on a weekend, his gigs surely have plenty of people from lower socio economic backgrounds at them. Whats the difference?

With the musical universe available at the click of a button then your outdated notion of 'class' is not sufficient excuse to accept whatever rubbish gets put in front of you unless you have no capacity for any kind of free thought whatsoever. If you're into music, you'll seek it out.

Funny you should say Guetta considering I seen it kick right off when I was watching him at V. In fact it was probably the most vicious brawl I have seen since it kicked off outside Maximes in Wigan, many years ago.

There is no excuse what so ever for a singer to have a bottle thrown at him.

Edited by eastynh

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

You get both extremes up north. The love and the edge you don't want. In the south you don't get the love but if you have seen two southern men fighting you could not feel safer.

Stereotypes across the board there, if you think southerners fighting looks safe you need to see the south outside of Glastonbury.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, plaskins said:

In the last day or so.. Somebody on here mentioned speaking to one of the band members, he said they said they would be there :P. Must be more to it than that though, right?

eFests already had something to have them as a strong rumour before that so SR+R=TBC? They play every other year so it could've been counted on anyway I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

John Peel headliner would suit them better i'd say. Vs. Radiohead for example so you could have your meatheads like me over there whilst the muso's can stroke their beards over at the Pyramid. ;)

What about the rest of us who like decent music?