Liam Fray slams classist snobs who criticise northern fans

Alan_C

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure having a bottle thrown at you when you're singing is a pretty crap thing to have happen, but it's far more of a light toss than an actual bottle to the head, isn't it?

If it ain't bleeding, it doesn't hurt. That was always my motto when I was a lad. I guess I'm not Liam whatsisname from the Courteeners though! 

3 hours ago, EamerRed said:

So biased ffs. He's normally pretty humble on Twitter. He got a bottle thrown in the head, what do you expect?

And let's all judge a band on a 10 second mobile phone clip eh <_<

Er? Why does it matter that I'm biased? Sorry I'm demonstrating bias by disliking a band. :lol:

Edited by Alex DeLarge

2 hours ago, EamerRed said:

There was no bleeding on Ayrton Senna in Imola 1994, just saying. In this case it was more of a light toss but I bet it fooking hurt.

EDIT: Just read it was a plastic bottle, maybe not then.

57 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Except that no one did that :lol:

Hmmmm...anyway, what I said was thoroughly tongue in cheek, just made me laugh that you used the lack of blood coming out of the Aryton Senna as some kind of reference point

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Bit like yer man Nigel Farage the other day saying he feels unsafe in the volatile political atmosphere he's primarily responsible for. If Fray didn't make music for imbeciles he wouldn't have to play gigs to imbeciles. No sympathy.

Jesus Christ man. That's pathetic as fuck.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Hmmmm...anyway, what I said was thoroughly tongue in cheek, just made me laugh that you used the lack of blood coming out of the Aryton Senna as some kind of reference point

And at what point there did I compare them? Did you even read the context of it?

I was merely explaining that no blood does not equal no pain :lol:

26 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

And at what point there did I compare them? Did you even read the context of it?

I was merely explaining that no blood does not equal no pain :lol:

I understood the context, what I found humorous was using that as a particular example in this instance

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Liam Fray is Jacob Rees Mogg to Liam Gallagher's Michael Gove #metaphor

Jacob Reed Mogg sometimes gets quoted in news articles as if he is a real human being rather than an obvious 1950s ventriloquist's dummy.  The day that born into the role tits like that no longer have a predestined route to power will be a good one for this country.

43 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I can't help but like Jacob Rees mogg...The only person ever to use the word floccinaucinihilipilification in the house of commons too

Yes on the surface he seems weirdly likeable, in an incredibly perverse 'this guy is so ridiculous it's almost endearing' kind of way. Then he comes out backing Trump, spouting crap like the other day when he was insinuating astrologers shouldn't be trusted, and failing to declare that he's a director of a firm relating to debates he's taken part in in the Commons, and you realise that behind the kindly goofy front he's as utterly despicable as the rest of his party, if not worse than some of it given the respectable liberal-ish front Anna Soubry etc are trying to sustain at the moment. He's just Boris without the jokes.

Edited by Zac Quinn

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yes on the surface he seems weirdly likeable, in an incredibly perverse 'this guy is so ridiculous it's almost endearing' kind of way. Then he comes out backing Trump, spouting crap like the other day when he was insinuating astrologers shouldn't be trusted, and failing to declare that he's a director of a firm relating to debates he's taken part in in the Commons, and you realise that behind the kindly goofy front he's as utterly despicable as the rest of his party, if not worse than some of it given the respectable liberal-ish front Anna Soubry etc are trying to sustain at the moment. He's just Boris without the jokes.

Yes of course he is. But I'd still love to go out for a pint with him. I'd just chat to him about history and avoid politics.

If you do could you please ask him whether the quotes from Cicero and Plutarch that he keeps clunking into the conversation ever have any bearing on the context.

And whether or not he thinks his pleas to antiquity are a transparent ploy to convince people that because he's had a classical education that he's an expert in anything other than wanting to shag his nanny.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yes of course he is. But I'd still love to go out for a pint with him. I'd just chat to him about history and avoid politics.

He would despise you for the prole you are.  A pint indeed.  I somehow doubt he's ever drunk from anything that wouldn't allow the sticking out of a pinkie.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you do could you please ask him whether the quotes from Cicero and Plutarch that he keeps clunking into the conversation ever have any bearing on the context.

And whether or not he thinks his pleas to antiquity are a transparent ploy to convince people that because he's had a classical education that he's an expert in anything other than wanting to shag his nanny.

Rees Mogg probably looks down on Cicero - who was more than capable of being a pompous, priggish c**t himself - as having been a novus homo. 

21 hours ago, russycarps said:

Have you been hacked :lol:?

You deride musicians because their parents went into Waitrose once, but then would 'love to go out for a pint' with a guy who is the epitome of blind wealth  :lol:

(I'm not hating btw, I do like your posts)

Edited by Chawk