Liam Fray slams classist snobs who criticise northern fans

Alan_C

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Literally never even heard of this Jimmys, I feel so not trendy. Not been out in Manchester in a while though, 4 nights out in a row I burned through loads of money paying £6+ for a G&T in the bastard Pilcrow. It's like being a London.

I got burnt for a £7.50 pint somewhere in the NQ before the Arcade Fire gig a couple of months ago. My Manc-living mates thought it hilarious to say "you gotta try this" before sending me up to bar to order one.

Also disappointed to hear that the Roadhouse has gone, used to love that place. They used to have a great monthly Saturday night a few years back, forget what it was called now.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Man's got no room for dissing anybody else's poorly thought-out clickbait rubbish after this embarrassment

Every problem he has in that video (except the passing out from desert heat) is a regular complaint about other festivals in Britain. Seems reasonable to me if he's only been to shitty festivals. Makes u glad.

Also re: celebrating the PJW stinkpiece - scratch a little deeper into Fantano's political and societal views and he's no champ is he? He's good at reviewing music tho.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Every problem he has in that video (except the passing out from desert heat) is a regular complaint about other festivals in Britain. Seems reasonable to me if he's only been to shitty festivals. Makes u glad.

Also re: celebrating the PJW stinkpiece - scratch a little deeper into Fantano's political and societal views and he's no champ is he? He's good at reviewing music tho.

Every problem he has in that video is a blanket statement which really only apply to yer corporate fests, and the same problems apply to gigs, which he says are much more better. It's like doing a "5 reasons why films are all shit" then just complaining about big studio summer blockbusters and saying all TV is much better. Also people passing out in their own fault for not looking after themselves, hardly the festival's. He doesn't seem to realise that festivals are different experiences from gigs either. I saw no corporate sponsorship at Glastonbury or Green Man, which Patti Smith has stopped off at in recent years, but if proper venues are so much of a better fit then I should've gone to see her at the O2 Apollo, where I can use the O2 Priority app to get a beer for the same price as I would at a festival, which all have overpriced food + booze.

He's got a mustache, obviously in the alt-right.

He IS good at reviewing music though (although he's had some odd clangers lately, but idk if that's my Youtube reccos meaning I'm now watching him more often).