Loiana Leal

I'm booked in here this year too and was wondering the same. Reviews all say its good but nothing mentions much more like if its a mud bath and vehicles get stuck in the mud. if the toilets/showers are dire or there's any electricity within them for hair drier/straighteners.....

3 hours ago, Becx99 said:

I'm booked in here this year too and was wondering the same. Reviews all say its good but nothing mentions much more like if its a mud bath and vehicles get stuck in the mud. if the toilets/showers are dire or there's any electricity within them for hair drier/straighteners.....

We've parked there a few times. Never used showers etc. Seem to remember toilets were OK. In 2016 the mud was crazy, they were towing cars with a tractor to their parking spots. This meant it took quite a long time to get in. On Monday morning they were again towing cars from their parking spaces onto the solid access road. We were really impressed with the service provided. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked in this year too for the first time, so will report back experience and pics after the fest as I couldn't find much either other than this thread.

Still can't figure out how you don't have to walk down the main road with a trolley, that looks like the only way to the car park entrance on satellite/maps, like my ropey drawing here?

i'm-just-guessing-how-to-get-to-a-gate.jpg

On 4/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, alanr said:

In 2016 the mud was crazy, they were towing cars with a tractor to their parking spots. This meant it took quite a long time to get in. On Monday morning they were again towing cars from their parking spaces onto the solid access road. 

In CV East there were some vehicles being towed or pushed in and out in 2016 too. 

3 hours ago, micropizza said:

Booked in this year too for the first time, so will report back experience and pics after the fest as I couldn't find much either other than this thread.

Still can't figure out how you don't have to walk down the main road with a trolley, that looks like the only way to the car park entrance on satellite/maps, like my ropey drawing here?

i'm-just-guessing-how-to-get-to-a-gate.jpg

There is a path through to the main car parks, shown in blue on this photo

path.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, alanr said:

There is a path through to the main car parks, shown in blue on this photo

path.jpg

Oh that's handy - could you enter that car park near the end of your blue line or was it fenced off?

ignore me just saw @VolumetricFox line showing you could.  cheers for the info all!

Edited by micropizza

Just now, micropizza said:

Oh that's handy - could you enter that car park near the end of your blue line or was it fenced off?

When you get to the end of the blue line, turn right, walk up the road a bit and there is a path through the hedge into the car park. You can see it on street view

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, Shirlj said:

Can anyone please tell me roughly how long does it take to walk from gate d to the pyramid stage or silver hayes Thank you

Silver Hayes is Closer but time and day is also important and also weather conditions.

+ we have no idea if the layout will be the same as 2019 - wait to the 2022 map comes out and then ask again.

6bigmap.thumb.jpg.9d7f8f43498f743c8c94baf6382411f3.jpg

• 1 month later...

less than a couple of weeks until we use this for the first time.. 

Few queries for the regular users of this field.. 

What's the usual % of people parking cars up against people staying in their vans?

Will the food place be there this year?

Are the showers free? 

Are the toilets ok?!

Thanks in advance.. 

40 minutes ago, redrobrob said:

What's the usual % of people parking cars up against people staying in their vans?

Are the showers free? 

Are the toilets ok?!

Thanks in advance.. 

I suspect the best answers you'll get are on this page and page 1 Tbh, as I don't recall many posters here having stayed there before. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, redrobrob said:

Are the showers free? 

Are the toilets ok?!

Thanks in advance.. 

Dropped my car down Monday evening, wasn't paying too much attention but - I was put right at the back corner next to someone with a tent next to their car we seemed to be the first 'small car' people, the rest was empty space til a bit further back towards the entrance when some campers were parked up with a few people enjoying drinks outside of them.  Think it was too early for a food place to be set up, didnt see anything.  Shower building had a sign outside '£3 for 15min', didnt see the toilets so cant comment. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, micropizza said:

Dropped my car down Monday evening, wasn't paying too much attention but - I was put right at the back corner next to someone with a tent next to their car we seemed to be the first 'small car' people, the rest was empty space til a bit further back towards the entrance when some campers were parked up with a few people enjoying drinks outside of them.  Think it was too early for a food place to be set up, didnt see anything.  Shower building had a sign outside '£3 for 15min', didnt see the toilets so cant comment. 

Good to get a first hand account cheers

So thought i would add my views on the Ashcombe Park situation after using it for this years festival. 

It is a well run site. the guys and girls who run it set you up in a good spot upon arrival. 

There was a 50/50  mix of campers and car parking at a rough guess..

We had 4 VW campers and 2 tents, they let us set up around a space for an event shelter and were really helpful in achieving this.

The route to gate D is through a gap in the hedge on the left hand side of the field, down country lane past the pop up hotel entrance then through one of the car parks to the Gate entrance. Took about 15 mins in the the good conditions we had this year. 

The toilet facilities are at best described as crude but clean. the gents had 2 toilets and one urinal. Hardly any wait for the gents. the ladies may have had a longer wait.. 

There is a sink outside with cold water and a water stand point. 

There is a place to put toilet waste. 

They set out a point for recycling waste.

We didn't use the the on site cafe, it was open from 6am until 12am (Wed & Thur) & 1am (Fri & Sat). They did however order us some ice and kept it until we could collect one evening. Really nice people running it.

The showers (3 of them) were again crude but clean, hot and totally adequate. It was £3 for 15 mins. There was always a queue for this! 

We were straight out onto the main road and away quickly.

The staff had disappeared Monday morning if it had been wet and muddy it may have been a struggle to leave without any help from a farm type vehicle!!

My mate jump started 2 cars with his portable battery charger.. 

All in all a great place to set up camp on a budget and will be using again. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

So, the folks at Ashcombe have bumped their prices by £110 for VW Campervans this coming year. I still think it is reasonable considering it will be similar on site and there are a few benefits to parking here. 

We have booked up and deposits paid so a bit more organised this year. 

Looking forward to 2023.