Ray Davies on the phone?

Gnomicide

Interesting that he drops U2 in there as one of his favourite performances. I've not actually seen it but it seems to be routinely panned on here. Wonder if he's talking them up because they are coming back?

Edit: That's just baseless speculation before anyone jumps on me :lol:

Edited by jparx

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Interesting that he drops U2 in there as one of his favourite performances. I've not actually seen it but it seems to be routinely panned on here. Wonder if he's talking them up because they are coming back?

It was probably slightly more enjoyable for him watching from the wings in the dry rather than the terrible monsoon conditions out the front (but only slightly)

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

"Officially we have 225,000 people, but people get in for nothing on top – over the fence, round the fence, or whatever."

:)

My urge to fact check went into overdrive with that article.

No, they don't have 225,000 paying customers. They don't have 225,000 people on site at any given time. I don't know the number for 2016, but for 2015 the most people on site at any given moment peaked at a shade over 180,000. Bear in mind that the majority of people who get in through a a dodge of some description will still be included in that number as the gates are monitored and so people still get counted in even if they've blagged their way through.

The official theoretical maximum they possibly could have on site is 207,000 - although it's unlikely they ever have or ever will hit that number on site as it's set deliberately high on the basis that not all of them are on site at once - for example an allocation for Sunday tickets is made on the understanding that some people will have already gone home by then. And performers and their road crew etc all need to be ticketed but often don't spend much time on site before or after their set.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

3 million registered for Glastonbury and renting land from neighbours. 

Michael speaks in Wales.

Liking the Ray Davies hint.

Nice one for posting. Gnom, good little read.

@Thearg my mum didn't approve made me laugh too. 

Would love Ray Davies back, in the Acoustic again like 2009 (that I missed coz I couldn't find the tent! Ridiculous....I was at Jazz world too, right near it.) shit thinking of it, did he play 2009 and 2010? Was ace at Pyramid that Sunday

34 minutes ago, Perks said:

Nice one for posting. Gnom, good little read.

@Thearg my mum didn't approve made me laugh too. 

Would love Ray Davies back, in the Acoustic again like 2009 (that I missed coz I couldn't find the tent! Ridiculous....I was at Jazz world too, right near it.) shit thinking of it, did he play 2009 and 2010? Was ace at Pyramid that Sunday

Yep, 09 in the acoustic at the same time as Neil Young. 10 on the pyramid with the Crouch End Chorus. Both were ace!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

It pissed it down and it was shite.

I fear Bono's very presence on site angers the weather gods.

3 hours ago, incident said:

My urge to fact check went into overdrive with that article.

No, they don't have 225,000 paying customers. They don't have 225,000 people on site at any given time. I don't know the number for 2016, but for 2015 the most people on site at any given moment peaked at a shade over 180,000. Bear in mind that the majority of people who get in through a a dodge of some description will still be included in that number as the gates are monitored and so people still get counted in even if they've blagged their way through.

The official theoretical maximum they possibly could have on site is 207,000 - although it's unlikely they ever have or ever will hit that number on site as it's set deliberately high on the basis that not all of them are on site at once - for example an allocation for Sunday tickets is made on the understanding that some people will have already gone home by then. And performers and their road crew etc all need to be ticketed but often don't spend much time on site before or after their set.

In fact, I make it a max of 203,000 on the Sunday going by this eFests article

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140312a.shtml

And that's an absolute legal maximum, if they actually did nearly double the staffing from 2013 levels, which is doubtful.

That weekend was the best that British summer can offer us, I think.  My daughter's first festival and she was pretty much destroyed by the time Ray came on, so we found some shade nearby and loaded up on smoothies with a great soundtrack (Slash also delivered that day) and that gave us the energy to make it through the day.

Interesting article, Michael's usual dalliance with exaggeration can always be forgiven in my eyes.  Cheers for posting it.