alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Do they have showers?

Do they have waterpoints?

On the festivalsite they do have waterpoints. I haven't been on the camping ground, but if I take a look at the map it seems like there are several waterpoints and showers:

http://www.ferienparkbeeksebergen.de/asset/cms/file/SafariCamp plattegrond 2014.pdf

http://www.ferienparkbeeksebergen.de/asset/cms/file/plattegrond-vakantiepark-beekse-bergen-2015.pdf

7 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

On the festivalsite they do have waterpoints. I haven't been on the camping ground, but if I take a look at the map it seems like there are several waterpoints and showers:

http://www.ferienparkbeeksebergen.de/asset/cms/file/SafariCamp plattegrond 2014.pdf

http://www.ferienparkbeeksebergen.de/asset/cms/file/plattegrond-vakantiepark-beekse-bergen-2015.pdf

cool thanks!

10 hours ago, clasher said:

@spudling @Trufflehound Thanks for the info.

I have noticed the special BKS train offer (20€ return ticket from any dutch station to BKS, including shuttle bus from Tilburg), however you can only buy that online - and as said you can only do that with a dutch bank account. Rather dumb.

Yes you find that a lot in the Netherlands quite a few places only accept Dutch bank cards . A couple of years ago at BKS we couldn't top up our wristbands as they didn't take Visa or MasterCard . lots of smaller shops are the same. ! 

34 minutes ago, spudling said:

Yes you find that a lot in the Netherlands quite a few places only accept Dutch bank cards . A couple of years ago at BKS we couldn't top up our wristbands as they didn't take Visa or MasterCard . lots of smaller shops are the same. ! 

Yeah I have found that in the Netherlands a couple of times before too.

Last year at BKS I wasn't able to top up the wristband with my debit card but my credit card (Mastercard) was fine. Seems like they have gone a step further this year and accepting VISA / Mastercard.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Looks like the weather is gonna be great. 28 degrees on the Sunday. Just hope the predicted Thursday thunderstorms won't be too heavy.

It shouldn't affect the site to  much though unless its torrential. Its quite sandy so soaks up rain quite well from last years experience. My friend in Amsterdam said the weather has been great over there recently. Looking like its going to be a good one!

Flying to Amsterdam early tomorrow morning, I've got a day at work and then need to pack for BKS and Glasto tonight :lol:

9 minutes ago, arteet said:

It shouldn't affect the site to  much though unless its torrential. Its quite sandy so soaks up rain quite well from last years experience. My friend in Amsterdam said the weather has been great over there recently. Looking like its going to be a good one!

Flying to Amsterdam early tomorrow morning, I've got a day at work and then need to pack for BKS and Glasto tonight :lol:

Weather in BKS area in summer is nearly always a couple of degrees warmer than Amsterdam, which is 'oop north' and also close to the coast and thus cooled by sea breezes. No such problems down here in the Beautiful South!

PS It's glorious here (20km from BKS) right now.

Edited by Trufflehound

Hi there !

First post on the forum, glad to have read your thoughts on BKS. 

It's the first time my friends and I are going to BKS, we're from Belgium. I have a few questions if you don't mind :

(1) is it possible to buy (cheap) cold beers at the camping? Do you have any idea of the price they charge ? We were at Melt! Festival last year, they charges 1€ for half-liter ice cold beers. Awesome ! Do people bring their own booze or they just buy it from the camping bar ?

(2) when should we arrive in order not to be obliged to place our tents too close from toilets ? we plan on arriving around 18 PM on Friday, would that be OK ?

(3) I read on this topic that it might be possible to buy weed in Tilburg for non-residents as it's festival weekend. Any news regarding this ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and see you very soon !

Edited by darnocc

23 minutes ago, darnocc said:

Hi there !

First post on the forum, glad to have read your thoughts on BKS. 

It's the first time my friends and I are going to BKS, we're from Belgium. I have a few questions if you don't mind :

(1) is it possible to buy (cheap) cold beers at the camping? Do you have any idea of the price they charge ? We were at Melt! Festival last year, they charges 1€ for half-liter ice cold beers. Awesome ! Do people bring their own booze or they just buy it from the camping bar ?

(2) when should we arrive in order not to be obliged to place our tents too close from toilets ? we plan on arriving around 18 PM on Friday, would that be OK ?

(3) I read on this topic that it might be possible to buy weed in Tilburg for non-residents as it's festival weekend. Any news regarding this ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and see you very soon

Can't answer these with 100% certainty as I don't camp there. But:

1) There is a shop on the campsite. I can't imagine they wouldn't sell beer. The house rules say you can bring up to 4.5 litres of beer per person in plastic bottles or cans yourself.

2) The campsite is a real campsite, not just a field converted for one weekend, so I would imagine it's pretty well organised. It looks like it having strolled past it on many an occasion.

3) Not my scene, so I'm guessing, but I'd be surprised if the rules are relaxed for BKS. The Grass Company is one of the most central coffee shops, and it specifically says on their website that they will update their FB page with news of any 'relaxations' in the rules - but there's no metnion of anything here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Grass-Company/131129483612829  The festivals the rules get relaxed for are more likely to be ones in the city of Tilburg such as (and especially) Incubate.

Edited by Trufflehound

1 minute ago, Trufflehound said:

What's to be nervous about? It's a lovely festival, great location, good food, good music and generally laid-back friendly people.

I get anxiety sometimes. Going to glasto as well, so the travel may be too much. 

Im sure ill have fun and it will be fine!

Thanks for the info. There's counters in grocery stores that take cash only (although having POS terminals) and others that don't take cash at all, but maestro and maestro only. Nothing awful, just inconvenient and funny for me...

The weather in Amsterdam is just fabulous at the moment :)

I think I've noticed on facebook there will be 6packs of beer for 6€ sold, and I think they were talking about the camp...

Is there a map of the festival ground posted anywhere?

24 minutes ago, clasher said:

Is there a map of the festival ground posted anywhere?

None that I can find. The most recent one seems to be from 2014, and the stages and the day entrance have moved around since then.

It's not that huge a site though. Quite hard to get lost!

Edited by Trufflehound

Generally I'm not the kind of person to wait the whole dat at the main stage to get a front row spot for the headliner so I don't do that either now. But I was wondering if anyone with past experience knows how early you need to be there to have a relatively good view?

Only going on Sunday, mainly for Radiohead of course but was really looking forward to Soulwax (saw them at PKP last year so not that huge of a problem but my friends want to see them) and Thundercat. Now, both are in the timeslot before RH so I don't know what to do. Are the ONE and TWO stages close to each other? How long does it take to get to the other stage? Maybe 30 mins of Soulwax and then try to find a good spot at RH?

Also, I have to work the next day. I hope most weekend-people stay another night so it's easy to get out in time :p!

22 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Generally I'm not the kind of person to wait the whole dat at the main stage to get a front row spot for the headliner so I don't do that either now. But I was wondering if anyone with past experience knows how early you need to be there to have a relatively good view?

Only going on Sunday, mainly for Radiohead of course but was really looking forward to Soulwax (saw them at PKP last year so not that huge of a problem but my friends want to see them) and Thundercat. Now, both are in the timeslot before RH so I don't know what to do. Are the ONE and TWO stages close to each other? How long does it take to get to the other stage? Maybe 30 mins of Soulwax and then try to find a good spot at RH?

Also, I have to work the next day. I hope most weekend-people stay another night so it's easy to get out in time :p!

Stage One and Two are less than 100m apart, closer to 50 even, and in good traffic you can do it in under a minute. But clearly there's going to be a big surge between Soulwax and Radiohead. Normally you don't have to get to the main more than a few minutes beforehand for a good spot, but then BKS has never had an act the size of Radiohead before, so it could all change...

I always leave on the Sunday night and it's often quite quiet on the way out. Most people stay over. But then, the same disclaimer about Radiohead. That may or may not mean it's different this time...

Edited by Trufflehound

Hi,

Super looking forward to this weekend!

Quick question, does anyone know what the taxi situation is like in Tilburg? I'm staying a bit further out in Rijen so I was wondering whether there'll be taxis hanging around the station after getting back on the shuttle bus or if I'm better off booking them in advance? 

1 hour ago, lowder2011 said:

Hi,

Super looking forward to this weekend!

Quick question, does anyone know what the taxi situation is like in Tilburg? I'm staying a bit further out in Rijen so I was wondering whether there'll be taxis hanging around the station after getting back on the shuttle bus or if I'm better off booking them in advance? 

There should be taxis at the station. If there aren't there should be a number to call posted at the taxi rank, and one will show up within a few minutes.

If you're early enough, the last train from Tilburg to Gilze-Rijen station is at 00.28, which would be way cheaper...

Edited by Trufflehound

1 hour ago, Trufflehound said:

There should be taxis at the station. If there aren't there should be a number to call posted at the taxi rank, and one will show up within a few minutes.

If you're early enough, the last train from Tilburg to Gilze-Rijen station is at 00.28, which would be way cheaper...

Cheers! I did figure that would be the case, just wanted to double check. 

Yeah, I looked at the trains as well, but since I'll be hanging around for all the headliners, that one will definitely be touch and go....

Very decent start to the festival although i was ultra knackered. Pretty average performances until Metronomy and then it was great from there. King Giz were ace and I thought RTJ did a stellar job as headliners. 

Saw Kiefer Sutherland in Tilburg as well, which was nice.

Now for day 2..

Edited by DiscothequeDave