Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Yes but most of them for stage 4. (Mostly local djs I seem to remember, except some bigger act like Caribou last year).

As I wrote before, if the schedule will be more or less like last year, there should be about 8 additional acts on Friday (inluding at least a co-headliner), 4 additional acts on Saturday and also 3-4 additional acts on Sunday (excluding the full Stage Four lineup). Most of the Stage Four acts are local DJs, but in the past there were also special DJ sets from bands performing at BKS. Also last year was the first year with the Secret Garden Stage, where a couple of bands did an additional, more intimate, show.

There also is a chance that they might go back to the 2015 schedule, with additional spots on mainstage and some other stages, which could add more names to the bill than expected, based on last year. I personally really liked the early mainstage slots, even though not too many people showed up.

In the past BKS had small announcements about every four weeks after the main announcement. If they keep up this pace there might be a new announcement next week.

Edited by mellowmaniac

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Possible. In the past years they gave small updates about every four weeks. Therefor we are slightly overdue. I guess/hope, they won't make a new announcement before they can announce a couple of nice surprises. ;)

Surprises? Do you know something we don't know? :) 

3 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

Tomorrow at 14:00h CET Mairfeld Derby (who share 10 bands with BKS) will announce their Sunday headliner. MD has a smaller billing than BKS, but their Sunday headliner might be BKS' Friday co-headliner.

Mmm...Slowdive has just been announced as Sunday headliner. 

I seem to remember they have already an esclusive show in Netherlands so they're not our Friday sub.

Edited by alan_ts

4 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Mmm...Slowdive has just been announced as Sunday headliner. 

I seem to remember they have already an esclusive show in Netherlands so they're not our Friday sub.

Bummer, I really liked their last show. BTW: I obviously thought yesterday's posting about the announcement was from today. ;)

Just now, mellowmaniac said:

Bummer, I really liked their last show. BTW: I obviously thought yesterday's posting about the announcement was from today. ;)

It's Rewire Festival

"Having recently announced the release of their first album in 20 years with the celestial haze of lead single ‘Star Roving’, British shoegaze legends Slowdive head to Rewire 2017 for an exclusive Dutch performance."

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Well Primal Scream are now playing Antwerp on the Friday so it's not them.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Foals added. They love a good Co-headlining spot.

Foals would be too big in my opinion to be just co-headlining, would be headlining if they were booked for BKS. Would be looking for a band slightly smaller than that. 

1 hour ago, Tijn said:

Foals would be too big in my opinion to be just co-headlining, would be headlining if they were booked for BKS. Would be looking for a band slightly smaller than that. 

That's the problem with having RTJ headline. There's a limit on how big the sub will be. I think Foals will be about as big as the sub / co-headliner will get. 

New confirmations for Down The Rabbit Hole:

Fleet Foxes, Typhoon, Soulwax, De La Soul, Babylon Circus, 2manydjs (DJ-set), Nick Mulvey, The Avalanches, POND, Orchestra Baobab, NAVARONE, Sinkane, Hamilton Leithauser, All We Are

Strange that Soulwax are preforming on both festivals. Also some really good names I would have liked to have at BKS.

Edited by mellowmaniac

6 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Strange that Soulwaxx are preforming on both festivals. Also some really good names I would have liked at BKS.

Weval too.

Avalanches was is my dream list :(

Edited by alan_ts

4 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Could be exclusive for Germany.

Anyway, it's about time we get new confirmations as well. BKS isn't doing too well keeping the excitement up this year.

Aaa ok, let's see.

Yes I agree...It's more exciting the social media of the summer festival of peaches in the countryside near my home...

Okay, Glastonbury just had it's first major announcement and we can start to discuss possible additions to the BKS billing.

e.g.: British Sea Power, Chic feat. Nile Rodgers (yes, doesn't fit BKS, but I'd love to see them again), Cinematic Orchestra, Goldfrapp, Haim, Halsey, Joe Goddard, Laura Marling, Lorde, Sampha, Solange, The Flaming Lips,...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-30 um 09.39.50.png

Edited by mellowmaniac