Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

2 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

That's interesting... It would mean about seven more acts than last year:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-17 um 10.46.41.png

Which to me, says another stage - unless they're starting earlier/finishing later on some stages or filling out FOUR with more DJ's

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice would be music to my ears! (hehe) They play sonar on Saturday - still doable though.

What comforts me a bit is they need to sell the Friday tickets, so we can expect something good, and fast too.
( Unless RT J is a good enough pull and the tickets sell out soon and then they leave us waiting for 3 months and then announce the 1975 :sarcastichand: )

4 minutes ago, clasher said:

Justice would be music to my ears! (hehe) They play sonar on Saturday - still doable though.

What comforts me a bit is they need to sell the Friday tickets, so we can expect something good, and fast too.
( Unless RT J is a good enough pull and the tickets sell out soon and then they leave us waiting for 3 months and then announce the 1975 :sarcastichand: )

1975 are only free on the Sunday.

34 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Which to me, says another stage - unless they're starting earlier/finishing later on some stages or filling out FOUR with more DJ's

Quite interesting idea. Would make sense to add another stage (played at the same time as Stage Two and Three), because last year Stage Two and (especially) Stage Three were most of the time overcrowded and hard to get into if you weren't there early. On the other hand space is limited and I have no idea where to place a proper additional stage.

Adding one early spot to Stage One, one late spot to Stage Two and perhaps two more names to Stage Four would add up to 34 acts - which might be close enough to "6 plus about 30 more acts".

Also, an additional stage would mean 5-7 additional acts each day which in total would be far more than the 60 already announced acts plus the about 40 still to be announced acts...

I guess we have to be patient and find out in time. ;)

Edited by mellowmaniac

The new Stage Three tent was probably the most talked about and complained about change in 2015. I'm really hoping they take the complains to heart and change Stage Three again... The old Stage Three tent (the one you can see in the video) was kinda semi-open-air (you didn't have to go in it to see everything). It felt open air with some sun (or rain) protection and wasn't limited. The new Stage Three tent was just a square tent, completely black (and I'm talking about the walls) and incredibly hot. You usually didn't get in once the show started, couldn't see anything from outside and even though it was right at the lake you could have been somewhere underground. No atmosphere and absolutely not in the spirit of BKS.

7 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

The new Stage Three tent was probably the most talked about and complained about change in 2015. I'm really hoping they take the complains to heart and change Stage Three again... The old Stage Three tent (the one you can see in the video) was kinda semi-open-air (you didn't have to go in it to see everything). It felt open air with some sun (or rain) protection and wasn't limited. The new Stage Three tent was just a square tent, completely black (and I'm talking about the walls) and incredibly hot. You usually didn't get in once the show started, couldn't see anything from outside and even though it was right at the lake you could have been somewhere underground. No atmosphere and absolutely not in the spirit of BKS.

Indeed. The new Stage Three tent was incredibly hot even though the weather wasn't that good.
But I do think the most talked and complained about change in 2015 was the exchange between Stage Four and Stage Five, I hope they are going to change it back.

19 minutes ago, thooomash said:

Indeed. The new Stage Three tent was incredibly hot even though the weather wasn't that good.
But I do think the most talked and complained about change in 2015 was the exchange between Stage Four and Stage Five, I hope they are going to change it back.

In the beginning I felt the same way, but in the end I made my peace with it... The location in combination with the particular tent is loveley. It's just that it's way too far away from Stage One.

Perhaps as background for the people who haven't been at BKS before: there is always live program on two stages at the same time: on Stage One + Stage Five, as well as on Stage Two + Stage Three. One of the beauties of BKS was always that you could easily switch locations halftime through a set and get both bands playing at the same time. 2016 BKS switched the location of Stage Four (which is a DJ/party area with nonstop program) with Stage Five. The new Stage Five location is the farthest away from all other stages and it doesn't make that much sense anymore to switch between Stage One and Five halftime (depending on how crowded it is, it may take 15 minutes to get from Stage One to Stage Five). All other locations are within less than 5 minutes walking distance from each other.

36 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Do Soulwax play only nite versions, right?

I'd like to have 2manydjs too but it seems we don't have any high slot free on Sunday :( 

In March/April they tour with a new concept called "Soulwax Transient Program For Drums And Machinery". The Lineup will include David and Stephen Dewaele, original band member Stefaan Van Leuven on bass guitar and synth, three drummers (Victoria Smith (Jamie T), Iggor Cavalera (Sepultura, MIXHELL), Blake Davies (Turbowolf)) and MIXHELL’s Laima Leyton on synth and backing vocals. They also will feature a special stage setup (you can see it on their website).

I guess this will also be the touring party for the festival shows...

32 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

In March/April they tour with a new concept called "Soulwax Transient Program For Drums And Machinery". The Lineup will include David and Stephen Dewaele, original band member Stefaan Van Leuven on bass guitar and synth, three drummers (Victoria Smith (Jamie T), Iggor Cavalera (Sepultura, MIXHELL), Blake Davies (Turbowolf)) and MIXHELL’s Laima Leyton on synth and backing vocals. They also will feature a special stage setup (you can see it on their website).

I guess this will also be the touring party for the festival shows...

And they are bloody brilliant. I'd be putting them on last to end the festival with a bang.

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Dtrh announcement.

Some good act (Moderat, Trentemoller, Nathan Fake etc).

I notice Weval plays both Bks and Dtrh...I thought they did not share any artist.

image.png

Nice announcement. Actually a lot of acts I would have loved to see at BKS, but that was expectable.

Fingers crossed for a couple of highlights at the next BKS announcement.

GY!BE is playing a show in Belgium the week for BKS and are very high up on the wish list of the organisers, so I expect them to be part of the next announcement. Names like Spoon and Father John Misty would have been great additions to the otherwise quite weak sub headliners thus far, but the undercard is not even in the same league as BKS IMO.

Just now, clasher said:

Damn, that's a shame. A couple of great names.

The next BKS announcement should strengthen subs, especially for friday. I am getting more and more excited about the previous announcement though, as I've found some amazing artists in the fine print of the poster :) 

Me too, I've just discovered Toxe...impressive! Fat bass and intrusive synth, great dance music. (If you don't like the genre she's so cute :):) )

Toxe isn't really my cup of tea, she did catch my eye and ear though. Will certainly go see her at least for a bit.

I'm having trouble pointing out the good stuff from the bottom of the poster... Cigarettes after sex are amazing, but I knew them before (actually I knew them when they had 17.000 views, not 17.000.000). Slutface, Stuff., Mitski, Wytches, Courtneys, Parrots, there's just so much! :D As thing stand right now, I'll probably go watch more acts from the fine print section than all of the rest combined :D