Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I've just seen on BKS website in the ticket section that they sell some upgrades as "long table dinner" and other stuff; does anyone know what are these? 

Yes, the long table dinners were either lunch or dinner menus you could pre-book. You reserved seats at one of the long dinner tables and got served a proper menu (instead of take away).

Other stuff like the star wars jumpers were announced last year, too, but I can't remember them being on sale anytime.

Edited by mellowmaniac

Another possible third headliner could be Ryan Adams. He is confirmed for NOS Alive and Mad Cool - but three weeks after BKS.

Bergenfest (on the same weekend as BKS) has confirmed Ellie Goulding, but I guess she's too much pop for BKS. ;) (other acts at Bergen: Bryan Ferry, Rishard Ashcroft, Liam Gallagher, Passenger, Benjamin Clementine, Whitney, Julia Jacklin,...)

Confirmed for NOS Primavera Sound (08.-10.06.):

Bon Iver
Aphex Twin
Justice
Run The Jewels
Nicola Jaar
Skepta
Miguel
Metronomy
Flying Lotus
Richie Hawtin
Angel Olsen
Death Grips
The Make-Up
Teenage Fanclub
Sampha
Grandaddy
Japandroids
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Swans
Sleaford Mods
Whitney
Shellac
Cigarettes After Sex
Mitski
Julien Baker
Cymbals Eat Guitar

28 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Confirmed for NOS Primavera Sound (08.-10.06.):

Bon Iver
Aphex Twin
Justice
Run The Jewels
Nicola Jaar
Skepta
Miguel
Metronomy
Flying Lotus
Richie Hawtin
Angel Olsen
Death Grips
The Make-Up
Teenage Fanclub
Sampha
Grandaddy
Japandroids
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Swans
Sleaford Mods
Whitney
Shellac
Cigarettes After Sex
Mitski
Julien Baker
Cymbals Eat Guitar

Amazing lineup. I hope we'll get at least half of these names.

Grandaddy and Angel Olsen already have exclusive shows for the Netherlands, don't see Julien Baker and Sleaford Mods coming back after playing this year, with Bon Iver, Skepta, Miguel and Richie Hawtin quite unlikely. All the other names would make me very happy, big hopes that the line-up for 2017 will be the best they ever had. 

1 minute ago, Tijn said:

big hopes that the line-up for 2017 will be the best they ever had. 

It will easily be the best line-up they ever had, not much more is needed, with Radiohead and Arcade Fire already on the bill :P

Run The Jewels, Kate Tempest, Julia Jacklin, Mitski and Japandroids are topping my wishlist.

2 hours ago, JoostEmpty said:

It will easily be the best line-up they ever had, not much more is needed, with Radiohead and Arcade Fire already on the bill :P

Indeed.

My wishlist would be Aphex Twin, Justice, Cigarettes After Sex, King Gizzard, Flaming Lips. One of those and I'm a happy man, two or more perfect.

If none, they better announce someone not thrown around in this topic. Kasabian, The Strokes or Tame Impala spring to mind, for example :D

BTW, when can we expect new announcements? It's been a month of silence now... Surely they're not gonna wait for February and feed us some logistic info in the meantime?

1 hour ago, clasher said:

BTW, when can we expect new announcements? It's been a month of silence now... Surely they're not gonna wait for February and feed us some logistic info in the meantime?

No idea. Traditionally the biggest announcement of the year was at the end of January / beginning of February:

2013: 28.01. (11 names)

2014: 29.01. (23 names)

2015: 04.02. (53 names)

2016: 04.02. (32 names)

Perhaps they'll grant us a small announcement with some mid-sized bands as christmas present, but I guess they'll wait longer.

I checked the Friendly Fire roster and made a list of bands around in June and fitting BKS. I'd be surprised if not at least 50% of them will be confirmed:

- The 1975

- Run The Jewels

- Ry X

- Kate Tempest

- S U R V I V E

- Metronomy

- Mitski

- LVL UP

- Cigarettes After Sex

- Japandroids

Other acts I expect to play at BKS or DTRH are:

- Angel Olsen

- Whitney

- Julia Jacklin

- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

- Nicolas Jaar

Also: Inmusic just confirmed Michael Kiwanuka (week after BKS)

Edited by mellowmaniac

1 minute ago, mellowmaniac said:

I checked the Friendly Fire roster and made a list of bands around in June and fitting BKS. I'd be surprised if not at least 50% of them will be confirmed:

- The 1975

- Run The Jewels

- Ry X

- Kate Tempest

- S U R V I V E

- Metronomy

- Mitski

- LVL UP

- Cigarettes After Sex

- Japandroids

Other acts I expect to play at BKS or DTRH are:

- Angel Olsen

- Whitney

- Julia Jacklin

- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

- Nicolas Jaar

Also: Inmusic just confirmed Michael Kiwanuka (week after BKS)

I'll definitely go to InMusic with my little son, it'll begin on Monday (strange days); so I think it's even more likely sharing some bands.

• 2 weeks later...

Think the next announcement will be after the Eurosonic/Noorderslag festival in Groningen next week, mostly young, up and coming bands and hopefully a few bigger names. Might be the time for Run The Jewels as their new album will get released this friday.