I just have to get this off my chest

shuttlep

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Woffy said:

I don't like Identikit. At all. In fact I think it's utter shit. 

Whoa, that felt goooooood. 

I don't like it either, but only think the 2nd half is shit. The first is at least a bit interesting with the weird vocals, but repeating 'broken hearts make it rain'  (worst lyrics since Pablo) with varying emphasis isn't

10 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Nor me. Saw them in '97. Thought they were ok

As my teachers always used to say in my school reports...'Could do better'. 

Any suggestions for albums or links to playlists?  

Thanks, j

What other music are you in to? It's quite hard to say which is the best album to listen to, we've been having a go at actually ranking them on the Radiohead thread, believe it or not.

If you like music a bit more abstract, then Kid A. Otherwise try In Rainbows + OK Computer.

Pablo Honey is definitely somewhere towards the bottom of the list.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Have got every album they've ever released but never listen to them. Worst gig I've ever seen from a major band too, apart from Iron Maiden. So so boring. And they've hardly got more exciting since. Glasto show could be a stinker. 

And it'll piss down. 

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I listened to Pablo Honey from start to finish

and I actually quite liked it, far more than I thought . tonight's journey home will be brought to me by The Bends

The Bends doesn't tend to get a lot of love on here, but I love it. One of my favourites of theirs, if not my favourite.

27 minutes ago, russycarps said:

and that's just from the bedwetting fans watching them

Yeah the field will be covered in piss from fully grown men. 

"Oh this song was the soundtrack to Daddy not buying me a car when I was 17. I never got picked for the football team either... And when I asked that girl to dance and she said no and my friends laughed at me........I can identify with this because Thom had eye operations when he was young......he struggled like me.......boo hoo hoo".

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

and that's just from the bedwetting fans watching them

I think this self-deprecating stuff is good; very healthy. 

Maybe we need to ascertain some sub-strata of Radiohead fans to make clear the boundaries of intra-fan-boy/girl snobbery!!!

I enjoyed Bends and OK Computer but Radiohead fans put me off Radiohead for ages. One in particular, who I lived with, would not let any mention of them go without making it clear that they were the best band in the history of music. He was incredibly dismissive of anyone who didn't agree, at sneered at them like they were completely ignorant. Unfortunately that kind of dickishness affected my appreciation of the band itself, by association. I'm only now coming back to them and really enjoying that.

Can't say Radiohead do much for me either! Think I'd find my mind drifting during their set and wondering if I needed a wee or could I hold on for another hour......but if I go for a wee then I could get a burger on the way back as I'm actually quite hungry...or am i just hungry because I'm bored? And my feet are a bit cold and achey and a walk to the loo would warm me up a bit....but I'd have to fight through the crowds.... that cloud looks like rain though.... actually could murder that hot rum from that stall over by Avalon... I'll give them one more song....*i'm off*

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Can't say Radiohead do much for me either! Think I'd find my mind drifting during their set and wondering if I needed a wee or could I hold on for another hour......but if I go for a wee then I could get a burger on the way back as I'm actually quite hungry...or am i just hungry because I'm bored? And my feet are a bit cold and achey and a walk to the loo would warm me up a bit....but I'd have to fight through the crowds.... that cloud looks like rain though.... actually could murder that hot rum from that stall over by Avalon... I'll give them one more song....*i'm off*

Hot rum?! Where? Please tell!! 

I also have never listened to a Radiohead album all the way through.

Have really wanted to like them but only managed about 20 minutes when they played Leeds festival in '09 before boredom set in, however did quite enjoy their Park set in 2011.

I was one of the few who didn't know who was playing, just wondered down there at the end of Big Audio Dynamite and had a great time in the rain even though i didn't recognise anything they played.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I enjoyed Bends and OK Computer but Radiohead fans put me off Radiohead for ages. One in particular, who I lived with, would not let any mention of them go without making it clear that they were the best band in the history of music. He was incredibly dismissive of anyone who didn't agree, at sneered at them like they were completely ignorant. Unfortunately that kind of dickishness affected my appreciation of the band itself, by association. I'm only now coming back to them and really enjoying that.

Yeah, they/we have that tendency, it's unfortunate, but true.