Wishing your life away and living for 5 days a year

FieldOfAvalon

I'm as excited as the next man about Glastonbury and intend to go every year I can, but it strikes me that too many people here are literally wishing their life away for a total of 5 days a year.

Obsessive chat in the lead up the festival, or after the festival - fine. But it's non-stop on here, all year round. People seem to literally LIVE for it.

Is there nothing else worth living for? Life is so short. Don't wish it away...

Edited by FieldOfAvalon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

I'm as excited as the next man about Glastonbury and intend to go every year I can, but it strikes me that too many people here are literally wishing their life away for a total of 5 days a year.

Obsessive chat in the lead up the festival, or after the festival - fine. But it's non-stop on here, all year round. People seem to literally LIVE for it.

No, get out !

19 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

Tell us more about your life, FieldOfAvalon

22 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

On here all year round - tick

Obessessed about the festival - er maybe

Live my ife totally alongside enjoying Glastonbury - absolutely. Certainly not wishing my life away - loads and loads of other stuff to enjoy

Life and Glastonbury obsessing are living in perfect harmony together :-)

3 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:
  • First festival
  • Getting my ducks in a row
  • Enjoy reading others' adventures & advice
  • Love the music opinions!

wow first ever festival?

Blimey you are starting with the biggest and the best - prepare to have your mind blown

I've been festivalling for 20+ years and still get excited about Glastonbury :-)

45 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

It's either this or work.

47 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

Fight , Fight Fight

being a fan of something doesn't mean you can't enjoy other things. I live under the mantra "life is short , live every minute doing what ever makes you happy. 

51 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

Says the man posting on a forum dedicated to Glastonbury 4 months after the last festival finished and 8 months before the next one starts.

Physician heal thyself.

As I see it, your £200+ gets you 5 days on the Farm, but if you want it you also get 8 1/2  months of excitement, planning, wondering, listening, learning, hoping and conversation, including via this fine forum.

I would say you should try it, FieldOfAvalon, but as is pointed out above...

8 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

Says the man posting on a forum dedicated to Glastonbury 4 months after the last festival finished and 8 months before the next one starts.

... it seems you're already there.

I don't really understand the point in your post? 

It's a forum on the internet, where people chat about a mutual love for something, it's nothing new, there's literally thousands of them on various subjects all over the web. 

Life's too short for negativity ;) 

Speaking for myself here, (although I'm sure many others are the same) I find reading something of interest when a bit of spare time crops up, is a bigger nugget of fun for my mind than reading that Clare on fb forgot to put her bins out this morning. 

Just out of interest @FieldOfAvalon what do you like to do with your spare time? You know, just so we can judge you... 

Edited by Richi1988