John Cale

alanr

I'm not sure what I feel about this.  On one hand the main songwriter is dead.  Nico is dead.  On the other hand John Cale is one of the most talented and interesting musicians from the band.  And this quote fills me with dread:

"We're going to do our best to keep everything as it was, but not keep out any new ideas of what the songs are about."

So, basically, he's going to totally change them!

Yeah I saw this on the news the other day.

Even he sounds completely torn by the idea. Doesnt know whether what he is doing is the right thing or not - maybe that will make him very conscience of making mistakes with it though. It did make me think, this would be perfect for a special glastonbury appearance if done right.

Edited by mjsell

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure what I feel about this.  On one hand the main songwriter is dead.  Nico is dead.  On the other hand John Cale is one of the most talented and interesting musicians from the band.  And this quote fills me with dread:

"We're going to do our best to keep everything as it was, but not keep out any new ideas of what the songs are about."

So, basically, he's going to totally change them!

I'm very sure how I feel about it: it's pointless and will be dreadful!