Arrival Time/Routines

DareToDibble

So myself and my group who were successful in getting tickets have just been discussing our plans for travelling to the festival this year - nothing quite like planning ahead!! I think we are going to stick with our usual plan of leaving Cardiff about 3am on a minibus to arrive around 7am (last year aside, of course!). Normally means we are set up and good to wander by about 11am!

I always find myself having a few beers on the bus, followed by a Sangria in the queue. Always seems to make the task of hauling my stuff across the site a lot easier... ^_^

Just wondering if you all have routines you tend to stick to or change it up each year?

Roll on June!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

5.30 AM Coach from Sheffield / Leeds - Arrive around midday, find somewhere to camp in Oxlyers (yes, I'm scum).

Beers and party cigarettes until everyone arrives, out for an evening of fun.

Same here! Always find it easy to get a spot if I arrive at my normal time. Last year was a struggle, though. Never stayed anywhere else and I quite like it as I feel it's pretty central!

Travel down from Glasgow to Birmingham on the Tuesday, stay over night then catch the bus around 5 the next morning. We were meant to arrive at 8 last year but don't think we did until 1, got a spot sorted in Pylon Grounds and set up by 2, walked straight in without any ques then waited on the rest to arrive. 

New routine for me this year, I usually go by coach and usually arrive anytime between midday at 6pm (although this year I arrived at 11pm but the less said about that the better!)

Drive down to Cardiff the Tuesday, stay at a friends the night before, depends what the friends and other half wants to do / what time they want to leave. Will likely re-think after the balance is paid off.

Is car parking £30 now - should likely do a search and check. But I'm feeling lazy.

Meet up in our camper convoy at 9.45am leave at 10 and have a breakfast at the café opposite the east camper turn off (table booked for 10.30)

Get on site around midday queue dependent.

Put up all awnings / friends tents around campers.

Chill.

(this was our plan this year as well but instead of being on site at midday we not only had breakfast at the café but lunch & a tonne of booze!) Got on site around 7pm in the end.

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Brave new world for me. First time coach and first time solo, but pretty sure my routine will still be tent, joint, cider, wander, lunch, cider, joint, wander.

So the same as every year really!

In previous years I would agree with this pretty much!

Although we're arriving earlier than our mates this year, so we don't know where we're camping - have to wait and do it all together - so gonna be dumping everything in the nearest lock up to gate A and then holing up next to whatever open bar/place selling drinks and wait for them.

*obviously complete with sunshine!

Edited by Cornelius_Fudge

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Brave new world for me. First time coach and first time solo, but pretty sure my routine will still be tent, joint, cider, wander, lunch, cider, joint, wander.

So the same as every year really!

cider / joint (repeat for 5 days)

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

In previous years I would agree with this pretty much!

Although we're arriving earlier than our mates this year, so we don't know where we're camping - have to wait and do it all together - so gonna be dumping everything in the nearest lock up to gate A and then holing up next to whatever open bar/place selling drinks and wait for them.

*obviously complete with sunshine!

This is the type of optimism I like to see!

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Leave Manchester at Midnight as per usual. Arrive at around 4:30-5:30 depending on stops.

Last year we were in a queue 3 miles away from 5-7:30. We walked straight in this year.

Us too - we tend to leave between 11pm & 12pm and arrive around 3.30am after a couple of stops. Usually straight in with about an hour for lugging the equipment then all set by about 5.30am for a couple of beers and the sunrise then a couple of hours kip.

Depart Aberdeen on Tuesday morning early - get to hotel in Cheddar (place not cheese) to stay the night - hoof it to site mid morning, meet mates at car park gates who will have been driving all night from Aberdeen and will have arrived at site nice and early and got camp all set up for us.....and they will be helping us carry stuff from car into site (I hope anyway.....I have a sneaky suspicion this may not actually happen :D)

Leave East London/Essex around midnight and get to gate D for around 5am, head to Paines when the gates open and put up tents for ourselves and the rest of our group that arrive by coach. Have some naps while the coachers arrive, then a very leisurely bimble around some of our favourite bars on site.

Pick up campervan Saturday before, bimble somewhere within a couple of hours of Glastononbury for the weekend. Leave Tuesday morning, last minute shop, head to cv fields around 2ish , set up, cheese and wine party, meet neighbours, invite neighbours over for cheese and wine, wait for sunset, leg it to the top of the hill of doom, sit up there with sloe gin toasting ebsent friends, get emotional, get excited, wander back to van

Wednesday - wake up, wait for queue to die down, wander in and off we go :-)