Camping near the Pyramid

FuzzyDunlop

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

The Young Greens have little areas set aside with a fire and invite people to camp with them in the attempt to create a little community. 

Were they responsible for all the little trails through Pennards, and random archways?  I was just passing through but seemed very nice, seemed like it maybe helped manage the area a bit better in a muddy year...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was aiming for Big Ground or failing that Michael's Mead / Hawkwell this year after previous stays in South Park 2 (2011) and Darble (2013, 2014). However our Glasgow bus which was due to get in at 8:00 got in at 16:30-ish I think so ended in Darble again.

Going from Southampton this year so if we get in early enough going to try for BG / MM / H but will no doubt end up back in Darble.

Another vote for Michaels Mead/Hawkswell here. Camped there in 2011 and had a decent view of the Pyramid and a great one of the site. On my own this year so I'm hoping there'll be room for a small pop up tent when I arrive on the coach.

One of my favourite things about camping there was the walk back to camp from the the south side of site in the early hours. A really pleasant stroll from one side to the other with few people about, quite delightful.

I'm also considering changing camping locations next year. Darble has been fantastic but not close enough to the action for me, I'm also thinking that next year will be a fallow year and I've always wanted to give it a try so 2017 would be the year, if any, to try it. All depends on my coach times really.

We have camped in Big-Ground every year since 2002 .  We love it and Muddy Lane has never been an issue .  Nor is the fact that you are at probably the furthest point from Stone Circle or The Park .  And I think that's why we like it , as bimbling  back from Stone Circle at 7am you get to see most of the site on the way home.

We camped near the trees not far from the crossroads on Muddy Lane that get you across to Kidz Field .

i miss the 24 hr reggae cafe we had near and I hate reggae !

It does fill up quick but not as full as it used to be as I think there is more camping areas and less campers now.

We used to be in like the proverbial sardines but there is a lot more spare around the tents now.

Dont think you can watch bands tho , cos of the distance it's rubbish due to sound and vision drop off.  

On 25/10/2016 at 4:31 PM, Glastobuddy said:

Camped in Top Webbs Ash the past 2 years, we've arrived around midday both years and have camped in the exact same spot both times (by the Mandela bar). We love it there but the footfall was heavier there this year due to the new location of the JP.

IMG_0547a.jpg

We know where you live now old son  lol