Gold member - renewals

Funkyfairy!

I suddenly have adverts on efestivals and its driving me slightly mad (lol)

Plus it seems my gold status has disappeared, and I want to pay for it again - as it gives me ad free forums plus I want to give something to help keep this place running.

Ive had a message from Paypal to say my auto payments have been suspended - has anyone else had the same issue ? Neil - any ideas why ? Apparently I need to contact you to reactivate my payments . I can;t message you directly - so just wondering if you could message me and let me know how to renew

Thanks a lot

FF

I also got a message from PayPal that your payments are suspended. It's not due to anything I've done.

At a guess it's because you don't have any money in your paypal account &/or your method of topping up that account (perhaps by credit card) has expired.

I'm not sure what the best path from here is, tho I do know it's not within my control.

The PayPal msg says that they won't attempt to take payment again, so I guess the best bet would be for you to simply buy another subscription if you still want it.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This is the message I received when I tried to renew a couple of weeks ago:

This is to let you know that we have refunded your payment for the invoice shown below. If you weren't expecting a refund, your order likely failed our fraud prevention steps. 

— Festival Forums 

Order #393

Looks like a second attempt now has succeeded!

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah, been meaning to do this for ages.  Kick up the backside I needed - now officially a gold member.  Do we get to wear special hats at the meet?

Also got bullied into adding on a mug at checkout.  Damn you @eFestivals :)

You'll see you now have access to the secret forum where we all bitch about the non gold members and get the link to the special ticket page.

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I also got a message from PayPal that your payments are suspended. It's not due to anything I've done.

At a guess it's because you don't have any money in your paypal account &/or your method of topping up that account (perhaps by credit card) has expired.

I'm not sure what the best path from here is, tho I do know it's not within my control.

The PayPal msg says that they won't attempt to take payment again, so I guess the best bet would be for you to simply buy another subscription if you still want it.

Thanks Neil

Efestivals gold membership is the only thing I use paypal for and it looks as if the card that was attached is expired. Added a new card (I think) and have reordered Gold status with auto renewal - thanks for the quick response

I love ad free and well well worth the payment each year - thank you

25 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This is to let you know that we have refunded your payment for the invoice shown below. If you weren't expecting a refund, your order likely failed our fraud prevention steps. 

— Festival Forums 

Order #393

I got one of these as well - when I looked at it more closely, basically what had happened was that I'd submitted 2 payments (1 automatic rewnewal, 1 manually when I got the E-Mail) and so Neil noticed this and sent one back.

Check your PayPal account, you may find something similar - ie 2 out, 1 in.

48 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

— Festival Forums 

Order #393

you got that because you'd paid twice.

You have an automatic (yearly) payment set-up in your paypal, and you also paid manually.

I refunded the over-payment.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah, been meaning to do this for ages.  Kick up the backside I needed - now officially a gold member.  Do we get to wear special hats at the meet?

Also got bullied into adding on a mug at checkout.  Damn you @eFestivals :)

Thanks. :)

What you do get is a couple of extra features (tho you might not notice) in the Gold member's skin. For gold members only, if you go to the bottom of the page and find the 'Theme' link where you'll find a skin that says 'gold', that sets you up with the best skin. :)

(if your 'gold' ever expires, it will revert to the default skin)

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks. :)

What you do get is a couple of extra features (tho you might not notice) in the Gold member's skin. For gold members only, if you go to the bottom of the page and find the 'Theme' link where you'll find a skin that says 'gold', that sets you up with the best skin. :)

(if your 'gold' ever expires, it will revert to the default skin)

Oooh, shiny ;)

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm sure my Gold membership has elapsed but I'm still listed that way. Was it on automatic renewal? I don't recall making a new payment. Totally happy to if I'm not covered, though. 

Thanks for coming clean. :)

No idea what might have happened there. There's 2 year's data for me to access easily in both of the forums software and in paypal, and I can't find any reference to your gold renewing in all of that time.

As a consequence I've reverted you to a standard member, so if you'd like to become gold again, please follow the link below to buy.

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I suddenly have adverts on efestivals and its driving me slightly mad (lol)

Plus it seems my gold status has disappeared, and I want to pay for it again - as it gives me ad free forums plus I want to give something to help keep this place running.

Ive had a message from Paypal to say my auto payments have been suspended - has anyone else had the same issue ? Neil - any ideas why ? Apparently I need to contact you to reactivate my payments . I can;t message you directly - so just wondering if you could message me and let me know how to renew

Thanks a lot

FF

Same. Just had an email notification to say my July renewal hadn't gone through so had been re-funded. Also got an email from PayPal. I like being a Gold member! What's the best thing to do?

Edited by phillyfaddle

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you got that because you'd paid twice.

You have an automatic (yearly) payment set-up in your paypal, and you also paid manually.

I refunded the over-payment.

Ah, is that what happened to me then? I didn't realise I was on automatic renewal, so manually clicked to renew. Haven't got any nasty adverts and still seem to be a Gold member. Thanks Neil.

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if you'd like to become gold again, please follow the link below to buy.

Done and dusted. Feels good to be legit.

Edit: I've chosen the gold skin but nothing's changed. Am I doing something wrong? 

Edited by kalifire

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Done and dusted. Feels good to be legit.

Edit: I've chosen the gold skin but nothing's changed. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks,

There's little visible difference for gold members between the two skins - so you might think they're the same - but the gold skin does have a few extra little bits.