Motorised / Assisted trolleys

GoonerRob

Hi All,

After last years trek through the mud (where my friend forgot to pack the front axel and handle for our trolley -  so we left it in the car) a friend and I were discussing the possibility of modifying a garden trolley with a battery / wheelchair motor or something similar (perhaps a motor from an assisted golf cart) so we can be a bit lazy and lug all of our tents and booze in one go.

Firstly, is this a stupid idea?

Secondly, would they allow us through with it? 

The idea of pressing a button and having the trolley drag all our crap up the hill to gate D is very appealing.

Thoughts?

Edited by GoonerRob

I'm intrigued - how much stuff will you be carrying?  As much as the idea of something on wheels appeals to me I've found over the years that it's actually more effort to use a trolley than it is to load up rucksacks like a mule.  Partly having to bend to get hold of the handle (which is OK at first but never comfy after more than a few minutes) and also the experience of numerous trolleys giving up the ghost  and then having to figure out a way to carry the spilled load.

I get it if you're carrying stuff like food supplies and camping stoves (which you may well be!) but for tent, clothes, booze and miscellaneous bits I've now got it down to one massive hiking rucksack on the back, a smaller one hung on the front, and a shedload of string and gaffa tape.  I'm basically Buckaroo with a bottle of rum.