Jump to content
russycarps

Flaming lips

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Added to the Rumours page :yahoo:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

Sunday headliner somewhere, anywhere, is the dream though.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

Edited by russycarps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only got limited experience of the Lips, but based on what I've listened to and their live reviews from a few friends I'd love to see them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russycarps said:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

Sunday headliner somewhere, anywhere, is the dream though.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

My world view has turned upside down.  I thought you were one of the key radiohead stalwarts. 

Perhaps I should stop making assumptions about you based on a tiny percentage of your posts?  Mind you it would take me ages to read a larger percentage, so it's a tough call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, russycarps said:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

Sunday headliner somewhere, anywhere, is the dream though.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

it's to do with their dates. They're in the area, and I think it's unlikely they'd be and not do Glasto - don't you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smashing stuff. Potential Radiohead sub? I know they aren't really at that level anymore, but fuggit. That or Park/JPT headliners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

My world view has turned upside down.  I thought you were one of the key radiohead stalwarts. 

Perhaps I should stop making assumptions about you based on a tiny percentage of your posts?  Mind you it would take me ages to read a larger percentage, so it's a tough call.

Well I do love radiohead, but the flaming lips are something else entirely. There is quite literally nothing better on earth than watching the flaming lips at glastonbury. They are the perfect fit!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's to do with their dates. They're in the area, and I think it's unlikely they'd be and not do Glasto - don't you?

 

I agree with you entirely, I thought you might have heard something extra. 

I have a tiny link to the band, so I will see if I can find out any info and if I do you'll be the first to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, russycarps said:

this is a momentous day. I dont care even if they're up against radiohead, I'd go see the lips without hesitation.

Sunday headliner somewhere, anywhere, is the dream though.

@eFestivals is there any reason for them being added, beyond the fact they are doing Euro festivals around then and them having a new album out?

Please no!!

I want to see both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, russycarps said:

Well I do love radiohead, but the flaming lips are something else entirely. There is quite literally nothing better on earth than watching the flaming lips at glastonbury. They are the perfect fit!

Exactly - PRECISELY - this. This is twice in the last week or so you've been reasonable Russy. You're losing your touch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much prefer The Flaming Lips to Radiohead so hoping they headline a stage, not had the chance to see them live but for some reason they just fit with glasto in my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, alien said:

Much prefer The Flaming Lips to Radiohead so hoping they headline a stage, not had the chance to see them live but for some reason they just fit with glasto in my head.

Sunday is the dream. There would be no better way for the festival to close going into a fallow year.

I could see them headline almost any of the bigger stages really: other, John Peel, or the park. I do hope so anyway, they are wasted in daylight

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Sunday is the dream. There would be no better way for the festival to close going into a fallow year.

I could see them headline almost any of the bigger stages really: other, John Peel, or the park. I do hope so anyway, they are wasted in daylight

 

can't imagine them playing in the daylight - seem very much like a 'big finale' kind of band rather than one you'd stick between James Bay and You Me At Six at 6pm on the Other. JP or Park headliner for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love this!

Where do we reckon they'd play? John Peel headliners? I can't imagine them being much bigger than Sigur Ros now but maybe I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

can't imagine them playing in the daylight - seem very much like a 'big finale' kind of band rather than one you'd stick between James Bay and You Me At Six at 6pm on the Other. JP or Park headliner for sure

Yeah the only slight doubt I have is the fact they played in the daylight before radiohead in 2003. I don't see them as any bigger or any smaller than they were in 2010, so other is still a possibility I reckon, but it does feel unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Would love this!

Where do we reckon they'd play? John Peel headliners? I can't imagine them being much bigger than Sigur Ros now but maybe I'm wrong.

yeah JP headliner seems perfect for them at this point so that's where i think they'll end up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they smaller? Embryonic was far from a commercial success and they've had more exposure thanks to Miley Cyrus than ever before. Plus they've done collaborations with the likes of Chris Martin. I am definitely not saying they are big, but I can't see how they are smaller than in 2010.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the last 6 years they've not only tanked their own career, but they've also been the death knell for Miles Cyrus.  It's actually quite admirable.

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear giant bunny rabbit costumes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let this be so, please (but not headlining Friday please). 

Edited by Woffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×