Flaming lips

russycarps

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was pretty fucked and quite near the front, but that crowd seemed quite big? Room to move, but still a good size.

My mate went to the Manchester academy gig in January and said they were on top form - he is still going to Radiohead though. He won't be convinced - plus he is seeing Radiohead the week after in Manchester. He is telling me that Radiohead on the Pyramid is a not to be repeated... I will see have the chance to see Flaming Lips again. He does make a good point, but I'm still going to the Park.

If radiohead were touring in rainbows it would be a much harder call. This current tour though? It's missable for me. They were good when I saw them doing MSP, but my mind wont be demanding that sort of gig at 10.30pm on friday.

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'm guessing the consensus is 20 mins of Radiohead somewhere near the cider bus, then grabbing a pint of the brandy-addled hot n spicy cider and heading up to the Park for a decent spot at the Flaming Lips? 

Sounds like a plan to me :lol:

If I start at Radiohead, I probably won't move. I am Anderson.Paak and then off to the Park.

Just now, russycarps said:

If radiohead were touring in rainbows it would be a much harder call. This current tour though? It's missable for me. They were good when I saw them doing MSP, but my mind wont be demanding that sort of gig at 10.30pm on friday.

You are assuming (with very good reason) they'll do a setlist similar to what they have been doing... but I think they will switch it up for Glastonbury. Especially as they have a UK tour the week afterwards.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yeah bothers me too, but the joyousness of lips makes it an easy choice in the end. I'm hoping for a crowd similar in size to SFA.

I think there will be more than that. Was busy on the Other in 2010. 4-5 times more people than the Park actually holds. 

Looks like Im in the Park all evening so Ill be in a good spot. 

Edited by The Nal

I am reasonably new to Flaming Lips and have been playing to death the 'There must be unicorns Tour setlist' Spotify playlist... that will do.!

i don't think I have been looking forward to a band playing Glastonbury as much as this in 10 years...

if the weather behaves, the TBA is who I want it to be and Sleaford are on their game, I think it will be a magical night..

Hmmm, dunno if their stock has dropped that much? Where theres only 5kish interested out of 150,000+ people?

Think it'll be rammed to be honest. 

the TBA is who I want it to be ..

Liam G? Hoping for that myself as Mrs Nal hasn't seen any of the Oasis lads in any capacity so I'll happily toddle along.

If it is him it'll be completely bananas up there.

Edited by The Nal

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hmmm, dunno if their stock has dropped that much? Where theres only 5kish interested out of 150,000+ people?

Think it'll be rammed to be honest. 

Liam G? Hoping for that myself as Mrs Nal hasn't seen any of the Oasis lads in any capacity so I'll happily toddle along.

If it is him it'll be completely bananas up there.

Sadly (for the most of you on here) I hope it is Guy Garvey and his boys... I wouldn't put it past them doing a Park birthday celebration set that is 10 years old.. nothing beyond Cast of Thousands... I would love that..

LG will have The Other mobbed on Saturday afternoon surely.?

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Clash with Chic? Shame

Yeah it's a bit of a shiter. Would feel bad for missing Chic again, but think Liam G (especially in a stuffed JP) could be very fun. I'd probably go for Liam (if I could get in the tent that is - I imagine it'd be well and truly rammed if word gets out).

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it's a bit of a shiter. Would feel bad for missing Chic again, but think Liam G (especially in a stuffed JP) could be very fun. I'd probably go for Liam (if I could get in the tent that is - I imagine it'd be well and truly rammed if word gets out).

Not too far to get to after Barry Gibb if it's true

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yeah I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Radiohead will take a hell of a lot of their potential crowd I reckon. 

I think the Lips at the Park could me one of the best sets of the weekend. Its going to be a relatively small crowd of real fans who really want to be there and they will absolutely smash it at a cracking venue for them, small intimate crowd which will seem rammed. Coyne will be in his element and will absolutely nail it (see Portishead 2013)

Its the right stage for them if they are up against Radiohead, anywhere else and there crowd would look tiny and it may feel a bit flat. I will be at Radiohead, I simply cant miss their set

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

the Radiohead Lips clash is the worst thing Glastonbury has ever done.

Agree with this, a very strange bit of scheduling. Any other night and it would have been great, and they could have put them on a bigger stage if they wanted (Other again, WH or JP)

36 minutes ago, uscore said:

the Radiohead Lips clash is the worst thing Glastonbury has ever done.

Certainly up there with the PJ/Beck debacle of last year. 

I agree, reckon it will be one of the sets of the festival, saw them at wilderness and brixton this year and it was utterly joyous, life affirming stuff. Visually perfect - you don't need no hallucinogenics!  Everyone will walk away beaming. I will be at Radiohead however, having my own lfie affirming moments, probably weeping. Goddammit  

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yeah I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Radiohead will take a hell of a lot of their potential crowd I reckon. 

There could be a late increase if Radiohead's set is a bit of a downer?

The flaming lips friday night psychedelic party is too good to turn down.

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

Agree with this, a very strange bit of scheduling. Any other night and it would have been great, and they could have put them on a bigger stage if they wanted (Other again, WH or JP)

Mmmh sub slots Saturday 2014 was the worst clash known to man as all these were clashing or overlapped 

Robert plant

Jack white 

Goldfrapp

Manics

Pixies

Can't remember the rest but it was messy

Portishead v Chic also painful