Flaming lips

russycarps

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Do you not think there is a chance Radiohead will change up the start of the set for Glasto and the Beeb considering they will be playing the same day they re-release OK Computer? 

I'm sure they will. They'll sell more records that way. 

Just now, ThomThomDrum said:

Do you not think there is a chance Radiohead will change up the start of the set for Glasto and the Beeb considering they will be playing the same day they re-release OK Computer? 

Maybe. I dunno. I think it is most likely they will open with 3 off the new one though. They opened with new songs the last time they headlined. 

I hope for everyone that is there that they do mix it up and open with some OK computer heavy hitters though. It'll be a big mistake otherwise I think.

Just now, russycarps said:

Maybe. I dunno. I think it is most likely they will open with 3 off the new one though. They opened with new songs the last time they headlined. 

I hope for everyone that is there that they do mix it up and open with some OK computer heavy hitters though. It'll be a big mistake otherwise I think.

3 off AMSP after the Beeb hype them up all day and then cross over live will have TVs switched off altogether............unless of course the red button can be pressed and the live stream from the Park can be viewed

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Wobble clashing with mark laneGAn angel Olsen means he suffers for me. So do I stay at the park all day and get fed up that Im in same place all day so go see radio head knowing everyone I'm with will be there and I'll pay to see the lips next time?

I saw angel olsen last week and while she was very good musically, I think I'll be skipping her at glastonbury. It was just like listening to the CD and I dont think she's a particularly charismatic front woman.

Didnt help that I was in the middle of a london crowd full of an even bigger bunch of arseholes than usual admittedly.

Just now, russycarps said:

I saw angel olsen last week and while she was very good musically, I think I'll be skipping her at glastonbury. It was just like listening to the CD and I dont think she's a particularly charismatic front woman.

Saw her in Leeds and found it underwhelming tbh. Kinda glad cos I'd have probably spent valuable Glasto time coming to that judgement if I hadn't gone to see her

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Wobble clashing with mark laneGAn angel Olsen means he suffers for me. So do I stay at the park all day and get fed up that Im in same place all day so go see radio head knowing everyone I'm with will be there and I'll pay to see the lips next time?

Would be nice to stay in the same place for once for me anyway. Like Angel Olsen but as others have said a bit "nice" live by the looks of it, not mad on Lanegans newie and seen him loads before and Jah Wobble is a fairly unique one - on that stage and sound system and he rarely plays live. 

So yeah, Wobble and then Park all night it seems. Very happy with that. 

2 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Saw her in Leeds and found it underwhelming tbh. Kinda glad cos I'd have probably spent valuable Glasto time coming to that judgement if I hadn't gone to see her

I know what you mean, there was definitely something missing. Shame really, as I like the record.

She needs to watch some footage of pj harvey to learn how to hold a crowd...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I know what you mean, there was definitely something missing. Shame really, as I like the record.

She needs to watch some footage of pj harvey to learn how to hold a crowd...

I find a lot of singer songwriters suffer from that. Lovely on record, ok ish live.

Marling has her work cut out this year on the Pyramid. Again!

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That surprises me. I think the new one is very good especially the second half of it. 

I would like to stay in same place for a few. But from four till midnight may be a bit much. A lot will depend on the tba to be honest. 

Yeah 2nd half defo better. Hes struggling at the moment to get work. Think the output is suffering as a result. Haven't been that keen on his last 3-4 records.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I would like to stay in same place for a few. But from four till midnight may be a bit much. A lot will depend on the tba to be honest. 

7pm ish for me till after midnight but by the time you factor in a bit of food, cocktail in the Bimble Inn etc it flies by. 

TBA is crucial yeah. 

She had a band with her when she supported shakey so that may help her. 

Hmmm, new album is very singer songwritery. Hope Im wrong but it could be a snoozefest.

Edited by The Nal

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe some minor tweaks, but difficult to imagine them ditching most of the big jams that they've been sticking with for years now.

Oh course yeah. They always play the hits. But the covers version are shaken up regularly. 

they played a festival on the 3rd. I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get the exact same set. I'd rather the captain from the new album than either of the other 2 though. I've seen all the rest of those songs shitloads of times but it'll still be wonderful.

Race for the Prize

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1

There Should Be Unicorns

Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power)

How??

Space Oddity

The W.A.N.D.

A Spoonful Weighs a Ton

Encore:

She Don't Use Jelly

Do You Realize??

19 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep, and fretting about whether or not thom's voice has gone or not. It doesnt matter to us, wayne's voice was never there in the first place!

We'll sing it for him! Just fire some balloons and confetti up and bang out the hits lads.

32 minutes ago, russycarps said:

they played a festival on the 3rd. I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get the exact same set. I'd rather the captain from the new album than either of the other 2 though. I've seen all the rest of those songs shitloads of times but it'll still be wonderful.

Race for the Prize

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1

There Should Be Unicorns

Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power)

How??

Space Oddity

The W.A.N.D.

A Spoonful Weighs a Ton

Encore:

She Don't Use Jelly

Do You Realize??

I was bothered about missing Radiohead (I still am) but that looks great.

Always missed the Flaming Lips - not this time.

I just hope they get a decent crowd

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was bothered about missing Radiohead (I still am) but that looks great.

Always missed the Flaming Lips - not this time.

I just hope they get a decent crowd

Yeah bothers me too, but the joyousness of lips makes it an easy choice in the end. I'm hoping for a crowd similar in size to SFA. No matter what the size though, it will be full of people well up for it.

I really hope we got feeling yourself disintegrate. The current version of that has an extended guitar solo in it. It's so good.

42 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yeah bothers me too, but the joyousness of lips makes it an easy choice in the end. I'm hoping for a crowd similar in size to SFA. No matter what the size though, it will be full of people well up for it.

I really hope we got feeling yourself disintegrate. The current version of that has an extended guitar solo in it. It's so good.

I was pretty fucked and quite near the front, but that crowd seemed quite big? Room to move, but still a good size.

My mate went to the Manchester academy gig in January and said they were on top form - he is still going to Radiohead though. He won't be convinced - plus he is seeing Radiohead the week after in Manchester. He is telling me that Radiohead on the Pyramid is a not to be repeated... I will see have the chance to see Flaming Lips again. He does make a good point, but I'm still going to the Park.

I'm guessing the consensus is 20 mins of Radiohead somewhere near the cider bus, then grabbing a pint of the brandy-addled hot n spicy cider and heading up to the Park for a decent spot at the Flaming Lips? 

Sounds like a plan to me :lol: