Flaming lips

russycarps

Seems like a bizarre clash on the face of it, but I guess if they were adamant on headlining a stage it was probably the only slot available. 

Only seems to leave them with an hour set though. Seems a bit short?

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Seems like a bizarre clash on the face of it, but I guess if they were adamant on headlining a stage it was probably the only slot available. 

Only seems to leave them with an hour set though. Seems a bit short?

Park stage always ends at 00:15 on fridays and saturdays so they're on for an hour and a quarter. 22:30-00:15

Edited by Acid_Haze

Glastonbury bookers:

Booker 1: "Hey, remember how everyone has fond memories of 2003 when Flaming Lips led into Radiohead and everything seemed perfect?"

Booker 2: "Yes! That was perfect- most radiohead fans like Flaming Lips and vice versa"

Booker 1: "Well fuck them all! Lets clash the shit out of those losers!"

Booker 2: "Hell yes!"

• Upvote 7

Just now, shoptildrop said:

Have they confirmed to be Park headliner????

Some picture for the EE Glasto app has a screenshot of Friday night and has Lips on park stage headlining (its in the next announcement " thread) 

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

And to think some people thought they weren't big enough to headline a stage! Third top on other stage was even mentioned at one point :lol:

I think I'd have preferred JP, but this will be sensational.

Nah we thought they weren't big enough to headline Other. Third down Other is a bigger slot than Park headliner, I'm surprised they haven't got a bigger slot.

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

And to think some people thought they weren't big enough to headline a stage! Third top on other stage was even mentioned at one point :lol:

I think I'd have preferred JP, but this will be sensational.

On 30/03/2017 at 9:07 AM, BluePaul said:

They'll headline The Park, won't they?

Ahem....

Edited by BluePaul

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

tbf guys you can see at least an hour of radiohead before flips

It takes ages to get from pyramid to park, plus if you're not over the brow of the hill at the park stage you're finished- can't see anything and the sound is awful.

I think radiohead are less likely to tour again soon, will charge more for tickets and are more likely to pack it all in so I'm more likely to see them I think. 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It takes ages to get from pyramid to park, plus if you're not over the brow of the hill at the park stage you're finished- can't see anything and the sound is awful.

I think radiohead are less likely to tour again soon, will charge more for tickets and are more likely to pack it all in so I'm more likely to see them I think. 

The lips crowd will be microscopic, I wouldn't worry about getting there early to secure a good spot!