Flaming lips

russycarps

Taking the plunge and getting Brighton tickets for the Tuesday after. Means I've got the mother of all travel schedules as I live in Colchester, have Southampton coach tickets for Glastonbury and am getting the Eurostar to Brussels for Rock Werchter on the Wednesday.

42 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Taking the plunge and getting Brighton tickets for the Tuesday after. Means I've got the mother of all travel schedules as I live in Colchester, have Southampton coach tickets for Glastonbury and am getting the Eurostar to Brussels for Rock Werchter on the Wednesday.

Christ man. When will you have time to wash your socks

How come people are assuming National will be Sunday too? is there a conflict with their existing gigs? or is it just assumed they'd probably sub Radiohead?

When I saw the lineup for some reason I figured they'd be up against Foos on the Other

Friday
Flaming Lips > Radiohead

Saturday
National

Sunday
Kraftwerk.... (I know)

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

How come people are assuming National will be Sunday too? is there a conflict with their existing gigs? or is it just assumed they'd probably sub Radiohead?

When I saw the lineup for some reason I figured they'd be up against Foos on the Other

Friday
Flaming Lips > Radiohead

Saturday
National

Sunday
Kraftwerk.... (I know)

There's been info that Alt-J are headlining Other on the Saturday so we're rolling with that for now which would put The National on the Sunday if they were also headlining Other (although could be Radiohead's sub for sure).

2 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Friday
Flaming Lips > Radiohead

Saturday
National

Sunday
Kraftwerk.... (I know)

I think a non guitar act will be up against foo and radiohead on other stage. National v Sheeran makes some sort of sense

Most likely complete bollox of course

6 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Ahhh both make sense, cheers!

My one wish, even if everything else clashes, is to just see the National, Radiohead and Flaming Lips...

I reckon a hell of a lot of people will be thinking the same thing

The organisers are a cruel bunch

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not a chilli peppers' gig then. 

All these facebook times etc seem too generic for me as mentioned by others. 

I'm clutching at straws here, but sometimes bands' festival dates on a tour schedule is just the first day of the festival so maybe they aren't Friday and it's just a holding date. 

I mean, no way are they playing the hours 8-10

The festival event and times though differ from each event, so I very much doubt it's a 'holding' date/time. For instance they have Glastonbury 8-10pm, but Boardmasters 9-10pm. That only makes sense if that's roughly the spots they'll be playing, otherwise each event would have the same generic details. Friday works much better regards their tour dates.

The fact it's a 2 hour slot on the Facebook event, with those times, suggests Other sub to me - avoids a Radiohead clash which would have been glaringly obvious to the bookers, and there is precedent for Other subs having a longer set time, ie PJ last year.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part as whilst I want to see The xx and The National, who are the likely Radiohead subs, it would be a no contest against the Lips, whereas Radiohead/Lips are nigh on inseparable for me. Perhaps Radiohead requested Lips as a sub again like 2003, which wasn't plausible as a booking given they have shrunk in size, and the bookers went for the next best thing?

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Unless they are subbing radiohead - who are on at ten. 

So they play 8 - 915 but the slot is down 8-10

They could easily play 8.30-9.45pm on the Other too, and still list their slot as 8-10pm.

I suggested Lips as Radiohead's sub before the poster came out when it became clear they'd be Friday. I'd be a hell of a lot more confident that was the case if it weren't for the fact that it seems either The National/The xx have to sub Radiohead with the other act on Other against Ed.

I just can't see Glastonbury booking The xx/The National/Biffy/Katy Perry and listing them below the headliners yet have Flaming Lips sub the Pyramid, no matter how brilliant it would be. I also can't face the possibility of Lips subbing both Radiohead and Two Door Cinema Club in the same summer, it seems totally ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I twitted him and asked what day before, no response though! I've also posted in the event asking what stage.....perhaps a few more people could do the same? You never know.

He lives on Instagram because, despite his age, he's a millennial! Someone get @ him on there.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does he interact, though?  From memory he mostly just posts pictures of arty happenings in his Oklahoma nightclub going 'YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!'

Good point. You couldn't just ask him in text, it'd have to be written on a naked torso in glitter or paint. It's the only language he understands.

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not a chilli peppers' gig then. 

All these facebook times etc seem too generic for me as mentioned by others. 

I'm clutching at straws here, but sometimes bands' festival dates on a tour schedule is just the first day of the festival so maybe they aren't Friday and it's just a holding date. 

I mean, no way are they playing the hours 8-10

Once it was revealed that Sunday would mean 4 nights in a row, Friday seemed the most logical day, but some of us kept thinking they'd be Sunday as JP headliner made most sense and they wouldn't be opposite Radiohead (probably). Now that we know Metronomy are Sunday JP headliners there isn't anything to logically suggest they won't be Friday.