Flaming lips

russycarps

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They're not smaller than Peej are they? And when we found out Peej was on the Other the most realistic slot always felt like subbing it, 3rd down at a push. Certainly no smaller than the Manics, surely? Could see either 2nd or 3rd down. Think 4th is pushing it.

No that's why I mentioned Peej but it's hard to really find a strong pattern between all this shit. Vaccines are bigger and played fourth down but Peej is on a similar level to them. :dontknow:

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They're not smaller than Peej are they? And when we found out Peej was on the Other the most realistic slot always felt like subbing it, 3rd down at a push. Certainly no smaller than the Manics, surely? Could see either 2nd or 3rd down. Think 4th is pushing it.

PJ headlined Field Day last year. Flaming Lips wouldn't fit that this year.

3rd down Other seems about right.

8 hours ago, fingers_mark said:

PJ headlined Field Day last year. Flaming Lips wouldn't fit that this year.

3rd down Other seems about right.

3rd down other! Absolutely bonkers.

Their reputation as a live band will always put them close to the top of a line up, especially at glastonbury.

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I think we are saved from national/radiohead clash as assuming national are on the other, then they cant go against radiohead. I reckon national sunday, lips/radiohead clash friday. Damn.

Radiohead vs the flaming lips will be awful. Especially as the lips will get bugger all crowd. I will be there though

Just now, russycarps said:

Lips win easily over radiohead for me. My frame of mind will be much more suited to lips gig than radiohead, especially considering the downbeat new radiohead album

The flaming lips on acid at Glastonbury is the 8th wonder of the world

I will have to give that a go!

Every time I miss the flaming lips. I can't do this time. Something always happens. They are my must see, even Radiohead lose out.

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Lips win easily over radiohead for me. My frame of mind will be much more suited to lips gig than radiohead, especially considering the downbeat new radiohead album

The flaming lips on acid at Glastonbury is the 8th wonder of the world

Theres no comparison. Radiohead are a dour bunch of pretentious c**ts who haven't released material that works live at a festival in 20 years, and The Lips are a celebration of joy every time. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Theres no comparison. Radiohead are a dour bunch of pretentious c**ts who haven't released material that works live at a festival in 20 years, and The Lips are a celebration of joy every time. 

It's hard to argue with this statement!

As much I enjoy watching the dour pretentious c**ts while stroking my chin and studiously observing their intricate compositions at their own gigs, who the fuck wants that at glastonbury??

Edited by russycarps

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's hard to argue with this statement!

As much I enjoy watching the dour pretentious c**ts while stroking my chin and studiously observing their intricate compositions at their own gigs, who the fuck wants that at glastonbury??

Recent setlists are pretty good too

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-flaming-lips/2017/war-memorial-auditorium-nashville-tn-73f94e89.html