tolywoly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

relevant section:

However, Emily did confirm that Glastonbury will be getting “a whole new area” for 2017. “We can’t give you too many details of, but it’s going to be an area which involves lots and lots of… it’s somewhere between an installation and somewhere where you’ll go to experience watching films and listening to music in a different way,” she said. “It’s a massive addition to the festival. I don’t wanna give it away at the moment, but there’s artists working on it flat out and every day these cars are arriving, which are going to be part of this installation. They’re like ancient cars. It’s very exciting, but we’ll give you more information when we have it. It’s a little bit too early to say.”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/1697230-1697230#amO1cy3e7SGGVRP3.99

Please be something Punchdrunky...

5 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

relevant section:

However, Emily did confirm that Glastonbury will be getting “a whole new area” for 2017. “We can’t give you too many details of, but it’s going to be an area which involves lots and lots of… it’s somewhere between an installation and somewhere where you’ll go to experience watching films and listening to music in a different way,” she said. “It’s a massive addition to the festival. I don’t wanna give it away at the moment, but there’s artists working on it flat out and every day these cars are arriving, which are going to be part of this installation. They’re like ancient cars. It’s very exciting, but we’ll give you more information when we have it. It’s a little bit too early to say.”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/1697230-1697230#amO1cy3e7SGGVRP3.99

Or maybe Improbable? They did a bunch of theatre stuff at Latitude festival

They need a whole new late night area with attractions so hopefully this is it. The SE Corner has become a victim of its own success as some of the queues and overcrowding last year were insane. I didnt go in there once for the first time owing to no one fancying queuing in the mud, we tried a couple of times but just gave up. We opted for places like The Stonebridge and Beats hotel instead which were a lot more appealing and I think they are definitely up'ing their game with their line ups to try and take some of the pressure off of the SE Corner. Something more is definitely required though to achieve that.

Edited by Familiar2billions

19 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I live in hope of something like this to happen somewhere on site.

New area sounds exciting, hopefully it's something that's a nighttime event as well as daytime and get people attracted away from the SE corner a little more

the talk of vintage cars reminds me of the swamp shack at Bestival (at least in 2011 when I was there) - obviously Glasto would be on a much larger scale! - But wasn't this put together by the Block 9 guys?

swampshack.png

50 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

However, Emily did confirm that there’s artists working on it flat out and every day these cars are arriving, which are going to be part of this installation. They’re like ancient cars. 

How are they getting it past the all seeing Glastocam? By painting distracting bear faces in the grass perhaps ...

23 minutes ago, pauladam said:

the talk of vintage cars reminds me of the swamp shack at Bestival (at least in 2011 when I was there) - obviously Glasto would be on a much larger scale! - But wasn't this put together by the Block 9 guys?

swampshack.png

it was yeah - and contained their amazing hidden bar - I lost many hours in there that year.

I vaguely mentioned the new area in another thread a few weeks back.  It's a Joe rush installation.  I went to a talk by Michael a few weeks ago.  it's going to be called carmageddon and it's going to be like an American drive in with loads of vintage American cars that are being shipped over.  he didn't say whereabouts it'll be going 

4 minutes ago, ladybird33 said:

I vaguely mentioned the new area in another thread a few weeks back.  It's a Joe rush installation.  I went to a talk by Michael a few weeks ago.  it's going to be called carmageddon and it's going to be like an American drive in with loads of vintage American cars that are being shipped over.  he didn't say whereabouts it'll be going 

i remember you mentioning it

4 minutes ago, ladybird33 said:

this....I like this - will we be able to sit in the cars :)