Guns and Roses

aphexbin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh no. Saw them a while back and they were terrible.

I like some of their songs, and I thought Metallica were great but I can't see GNR working to be honest. I'm probably completely mistaken, but I get the impression that Axl's completely lacking in the charm/attitude that James Hetfield has (despite the fox hunting thing).

To be fair though, I wouldn't see Ed or GNR, so it doesn't make much difference to me; I'll be elsewhere. Would prefer Daft Punk though. Or Roger Waters.

4 minutes ago, pjadnoo said:

Ugh no. Saw them a while back and they were terrible.

I like some of their songs, and I thought Metallica were great but I can't see GNR working to be honest. I'm probably completely mistaken, but I get the impression that Axl's completely lacking in the charm/attitude that James Hetfield has (despite the fox hunting thing).

To be fair though, I wouldn't see Ed or GNR, so it doesn't make much difference to me; I'll be elsewhere. Would prefer Daft Punk though. Or Roger Waters.

roger waters is in america unfortunately

Problem.I think is people Base their opinion of axel and g&r off the last decade with a very out of shape poorly performing axl and a covers band. That bares no relation to the current lineup, not only with Slash etc back in the fold but by all accounts back on form looks and performence wise. Don't forget axls already in tour form.having just come off the Acdc tour dont write em off yet.

Edited by waterfalls212434

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They need Stephen Adler back on drums asap.

am I right in thinking he had a few guest appearances during recent us tour? Im not sure of his health situation as I know that was what was limiting him doing a full set let alone tour. be good to see if it ever happened though....then all wed need is izzy back :)

7 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I saw Guns and Roses at Reading a few years back, they were really late and not very good. 

I'm a fan but I think they're past it and too into themselves. 

thats what im saying above, they WERE shit......now they are a hell of a lot better, look at any recent live vids and youll notice the difference. 

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

am I right in thinking he had a few guest appearances during recent us tour? Im not sure of his health situation as I know that was what was limiting him doing a full set let alone tour. be good to see if it ever happened though....then all wed need is izzy back :)

He did yeah.

Don't think we'll see Izzy apart from maybe a guest appearance or two but the concern with Adler is that they don't think he can stay clean on tour. Shame as he sounded really good when he played with them. And clearly loving it.