Guns and Roses

aphexbin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Complete guesswork but looking at the tour dates theyre in Japan/AUS/NZ and then working their way towards Europe. Playing Dubai in March. 

Dale Skjerseth, the production manager for the tour, said: "I've been told there's no end date."

"I've seen plenty of dates going into next year, far into next year"

Heres hoping they're intelligent enough to know what a Glasto headliner slot may bring them. And they're friends with Metallica.

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Indeed. Duff is also quite wise in the ways of the world too. 

They did Coachella so why not?

Coachella is quite a lot of money though, isn't it(?) Plus, being in the middle of the desert, I can imagine they're probably more lax about Axl coming in an hour later and running past noise curfew. Not sure if he still does that, but I remember reading about that sort of thing from time to time.

Edited by pjadnoo

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

I had nigh on heatstroke by that stage and couldnt go anywhere near an unshaded field. Gutted.

had my hood up sat in a chair and passed out

got my face painted whilst asleep though by some friendly folk

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

They did Coachella so why not?

aye but Coachella undoubtedly threw an absolute fuckload of money their way, and whilst Glastonbury might up their fee like they did with the Stones, i doubt it's gonna be as much as they want, but as you say, there are other factors that could possibly sway them

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye but Coachella undoubtedly threw an absolute fuckload of money their way, and whilst Glastonbury might up their fee like they did with the Stones, i doubt it's gonna be as much as they want, but as you say, there are other factors that could possibly sway them

$7 million a show yeah. They played 2 shows.

I'm hopeful that they're at least open to it considering they're mates with Metallica and idolise The Stones.  

Radiohead aren't the main headliner so the Saturday night headliner has to be someone huge right? ie a singer with red hair.......... :huh:

Edited by The Nal

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Complete guesswork but looking at the tour dates theyre in Japan/AUS/NZ and then working their way towards Europe. Playing Dubai in March. 

Dale Skjerseth, the production manager for the tour, said: "I've been told there's no end date."

"I've seen plenty of dates going into next year, far into next year"

Heres hoping they're intelligent enough to know what a Glasto headliner slot may bring them. And they're friends with Metallica.

Been rumours going back months that they're doing stadiums in July. Saw Croke Park on a reportedly 'leaked' list earlier today - nowt for the UK but I imagine at that rate it'd be Wembley.

19 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

thats what im saying above, they WERE shit......now they are a hell of a lot better, look at any recent live vids and youll notice the difference. 

Fair enough... like I said I'm a fan so if I could see them and they were on form it sounds perfect. 

Also like someone said Paradise City on the Pyramid would be epic!! 

Yup... came here to say I'd seen them and they came on really late and were shocking.... this was way back tho (Roskilde 2006).... seeing these recent videos is very exciting - GnR on form headlining the Pyramid would be awesome

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I'm hopeful that they're at least open to it considering they're mates with Metallica and idolise The Stones.  

Radiohead aren't the main headliner so the Saturday night headliner has to be someone huge right? ie a singer with red hair.......... :huh:

I hope not

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

If they're charging in dollars, there's no hope.

I bet Neil Lonsdale voted leave.

1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

Didn't realise that's how the headliners worked? 

Is the Saturday night the main one? 

I think so. Usually anyway. The Saturday night headliner gets the longest slot if they want it, late start late finish and the run of the Pyramid Stage if they want it. Everyone else usually has to work around their setup. Kanye, Stones, Bruce, Metallica etc all had it. Bruce had his crew working at 7am. 

Although U2 played Friday and pulled out the previous year which was scheduled for Friday. 

Can @eFestivals shed any light on this?

If they're charging in dollars, there's no hope.

I bet Neil Lonsdale voted leave.

GnR are a bunch of remoaners. I hope they play and start with November Remain. 

Edited by The Nal

21 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I saw Guns and Roses at Reading a few years back, they were really late and not very good. 

I'm a fan but I think they're past it and too into themselves. 

That wasn't Guns and Roses you saw at Reading. 

Rude to compare that lineup to this years reunion lineup, from all accounts they sound great this year and have been nothing but professional