• The Flaming Lips
    • The Xx
    • Kendrick Lamar
    • D'Angelo
    • Emeli Sande
    • Catfish And The Bottlemen
    • Other

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Now that they've announced that they have an album due in January, I'm gonna go with Alt-J (although that may be a bit too on the nose considering their clear Radiohead influence). Bon Iver would be preferable. The xx and The National would also be ace. Kendrick/Frank Ocean are the dream 

Feels like only 10 minutes ago that I was watching Alt-J on the Pyramid stage. I'm not sure that would be a good slot for them. Do they really want to highlight just how much they have ripped off from The Radioheads? And I'm actually an Alt-J fan!

Edited by jparx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Radiohead would be able to choose their sub. They're no bigger than half the acts who headline the festival and I don't think they choose their subs anywhere else, do they? Did they choose their subs in 2003? They're hardly The Rolling Stones, to whom Glasto would probably give in to any realistic demands they made.

Can't see both The xx and Alt-J headlining Other (assuming they're both there which you'd imagine they will be) so reckon one will do that and the other will sub Radiohead. Guess The xx subbing and Alt-J on Other would be a nice mix up from what they both did last time they played, although not sure if that matters to the bookers (and all assuming R/L don't book Alt-J as an exclusive or something, though considering they didn't with Foals this year I can see a similar co-headliner there/lower on the bill at Glastonbury thing happening again)